Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thanks for the help so far.

Just not sure if for a first bike if the Burgman is the way to go, or should I go with a standard motorcycle.

Wife and I went shoppin' this weekend and I think, with the help of this forum, that I am leaning toward the Burgman 650. Right now it is down to the Burgman or an 800cc Marauder. Again, I am leaning toward the Burgman.

As I am pricing it now, I was wondering what a good to average price is?

Johnny

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
I have seen ranges $7,000-$7,700.

I have to admit I thought I missed the clutch and Manual trans on the Burgman, but I drove my son's GSX-R 600 for about 30 miles, I was spoiled. I really do like the auto transmission, espically for in town driving.

All bikes have there nich, it really depends on what type of driving you want to do. There are times I want a 50cc scooter and times I want a Goldwing. The Burgman is a good all around machine, and I have no regrets.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Hey Johnny, like Jim said, bike or scooter is a matter of personal preference. You and your wife should sit on them to see which seems more comfortable as far as fit and room for two. I suspect that the 650 will be more comfortable for a passenger because of the larger seat and the more stretched out leg position. Remember, most bikes and bike seats feel comfortable in a showroom but you don't really know until you've ridden them for some distance. Good luck and have fun shopping! :D

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If it's your first "bike" then I think you would be better off with the "650",
ease of handling ,better gas mileage, a lot more stable at slow speeds, and much better for getting around the city.
In the end it's up to you, follow or the lead pack. 8)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had about 20 mororcycles over the years from standard to crothc rockets to cruisers. For right now the Burgman is a good bike for me. The biggest selling point is the storage. I carry a lot of stuff to work Running gear etc and instead of a workout bag or heavy back pack that is hard on the shoulders over time I can store it in the trunk or the Givi top box I installed. It is probably the most comfortabel bike I have owned as well. It doesn't have the power I used to have or the ability to use a clutch which I do miss, but its positives far outway its negatives. I am very pleased with mine.

·
Registered
969 Posts
A while back I rode a friend's new DL650 V-Strom for about 40 miles. (I can't believe I'm saying this.) It was UNcomfortable and I could hardly wait to get back on the Burger, though I have to admit I did enjoy the ride. But then, I always enjoy the ride.

Steve

P.S. My scoots now 4 months old. Turned 7,000 miles today. (Hi. I'm Steve, and I'm a cycloholic.)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
wasions said:
A while back I rode a friend's new DL650 V-Strom for about 40 miles. (I can't believe I'm saying this.) It was UNcomfortable and I could hardly wait to get back on the Burger, though I have to admit I did enjoy the ride.
Funny thing is that Suzuki offers two or three accessory seats for the DL650 V-Strom, including a "touring seat". And this is its first year of production... I wish they would do the same for the Burgmans.

·
Registered
969 Posts
By the way, Johnny, that was only one question. You still have 649 to go. :wink: :D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: 650 Questions

wasions said:
By the way, Johnny, that was only one question. You still have 649 to go. :wink: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
368 Posts
In Daytona this year, I tried a number of bikes out. I too couldn't wait to get back to the smoothness & comfort of the burgie, not to mention away from hot engines.

I nearly burned my thigh off when on a Buell and I was wearing thick Jeans. It was the biggest peice of crap I've ever been on.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I referred one of the salesguys at the dealer near me to my good friend who is a tattoo artist here in NJ (Screamin Ink in Fairlawn) when I called him back a few days later to let him know I was coming in,and needed a better out the door price than he quoted me, e mentioned to wait till tonight, when the owner was not in. Said he could get away with better pricing when he only had to deal with the sales manager ond not the owner. He also mentioned my buddy was gonna do his ink this weekend.

The last quote I got was 7900 out the door for an 04 black 650. How much lower do you guys think I can get him?

Johnny

now only 648 questions to go... :wink:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Mine was $6800 OTD (not including Illinois sales tax/license).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts