Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a new 650, but have been told that they will not be available until sometime in March. I am willing to wait for a 2005 model, especially since it will have the overdrive feature. The firm (written) price quote I have on a 2005 model is $6,764.50. This is all-inclusive-ride-it-away, except for my local sales tax. Can I assume that this is a reasonable price?
I am concerned about the quality of dealer service, as well. I have been buying motorcycles for more than thirty-years and cars for more than forty. It has been my experience that the dealer relationship was more important than brand in determining my satisfaction with both.
Can anyone recommend a Suzuki dealer with a strong service department in Eastern Ohio/Western Pennsylvania? I have always done all my own service and maintenance, but not during the warranty period.
Thanks in advance for your response/opinion.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I am in South Florida and that sounds very reasonable to me. That's actually $100 less than I paid for my 2004 AN650. :cry: But for $100 more I have had 6 months of Permagrin :D so I don't feel too bad.

Janine

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I take it that you've priced the Burgman from A & B Xtreme Suzuki. They offered the best price on the Burgman that I was able to find. I almost took a trip up there to purchase from them.

·
Registered
925 Posts
That is the same price I was given from A&B. About a grand less than retail. Not bad at all, but my local dealer will give me the same, so no need to drive that far, unless they will go a little lower.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
At the time I was 650 shopping, A&B was several hundred less on an '04 650 than a local dealer was willing to go on an '03 650.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks like a good price to me. I plopped down a deposit in November to get the first one in Boise and settled on $7000.00 + tax. I'm curious to know what the other 5 paid for their 650's. Prices likely went up since all 6 on order are presold. Surely was dissapointing last Saturday when the dealer said all 6 were delayed until April, but at least I did get to see a 400. What a beauty, and what a great fit for a tall guy.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The price I was quoted was from a dealer in the Toledo, Ohio area. I asked A & B Suzuki to quote a price and am still waiting. For anyone who does not know, they have Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki in Brilliant, Powhatan Point and Bellaire, respectively and have large inventories at each location. I briefly visited the Honda (Brilliant) location on my way to Pennsylvania last Saturday morning and they appear to have a large and growing inventory of Hondas with considerable room to expand. The other locations have large inventories, as well, but no 2005 Burgman 650s or Honda Silverwings, as yet. They have indicated that they will meet or beat any other legitimate wriiten offer I can find and expect the both products next month.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Honda East in Toledo, Ohio also had some very good prices at the time. Both dealers were very competitive and had lower quoted prices than any other dealer I contacted.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Procycleusa.com has 2005 Burgman 650 price as $6499. Appears to be a good deal somewhere in Missouri. I'd put a link to it here if I knew how! Cleaning bugs off the Burgy is more fun for me. Neal

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Just looked at http://www.procycleusa.com/ and they do list the 2005 Burgman 650 at $6499. :shock: I wonder if they add in any 'other charges' to that price? They also list the 2005 Burgman 400 at $4799 and the 2005 Burgman 400 Type S (sport) at $4999.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts