Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now... seems my like new '07 Burgman 650 has developed a light pecking sound. Rather it's more like a steady tapping or ticking sound while idling. Sounds like an V-8 motor lifter tapping only not as pronounced. My trusty '05 made plenty of strange noises but never a steady ticking sound. Anyone else experienced such?

·
Premium Member
8,131 Posts
check for playing card in the spokes

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check for playing card in the spokes
I thought about that. Hence, I removed the card(s) from the rear wheel. No change. I even went so far as to remove the king of hearts from the front wheel and replace it with the ace of spades... still no change. Back to square one!

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
Using the Ace of Spades will make it sound like a Ducati. The King of Clubs will produce a Harley V-Rod sound. Queen of Diamond will make a Harley Sportster sound

I would pull the Primary Adapter cover on the left side and see if the long bolt is loose. It was mostly 2006's but I think I remember a couple 2007's and 8's had a loose bolt.

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using the Ace of Spades will make it sound like a Ducati. The King of Clubs will produce a Harley V-Rod sound. Queen of Diamond will make a Harley Sportster sound

I would pull the Primary Adapter cover on the left side and see if the long bolt is loose. It was mostly 2006's but I think I remember a couple 2007's and 8's had a loose bolt.
yep.... I was kind of thinking the same. I just finished changing all fluids and should have checked it then. Darn I hate screwing around with the Tupperware!

I think I'll remove all the cards for now and let it sound like a Burgman :)

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
I think you can get that adapter cover off without removing any panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts