Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2011 Burgman 400. Great bike. However, I used to have a 650 years ago and sort of miss the extra power. Looking at a new 13 650 and want to know from anyone with one how they like it. The new 650 has ABS which I didn't have on my previously owned 650 and I really think this option is a must.
I know they changed the transmission some what hoping there are no glitches in the new change. Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 2012 that I bought in Oct. last year with 5400 miles and I now have a little over 7000 miles, I love it. They made a few changes on the 13, went to analog gauges, the body is a little different, and the tranny is suppose to roll a lot easier when not running. Have not heard any complaints on here, and trust me if there were any complaints out there you would hear it here first HEHE. Only thing is being that new with changes not a lot of miles yet. Good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
My wife has a 2013 and loves it. Compared to the 08 it replaced, the fuel milage is better, and the instruments are easier to read in sunlight. The change in the transmission makes it much easier when rolling it around the garage also. Under seat storage is a little bit less that the previous model, but 2 full face helmets can still fit. . . Windshield could use an upgrade, (waiting on Clearview for this), but overall she loves it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Does anyone have the 2013 service manual? I'd love to know the specs for all the reduction ratios. In my K3-K7 service manual, it's in the beginning of the specs under "Drive Train."

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
AFAIK the difference lies in the clutch springs and the CVT programming, where they lowered the annoying 3000 rpm threshold, so you can go the equivalent of nearly 2 gears higher at town speeds of 30 MPH /50 kph.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Overall, I like my 2013 better than the pre-2013 650s I have had. I have 11,500 miles on it with no problems to date.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I too am planning on a new 650 Burgman in the coming Spring. It will replace my beloved Gold Wing. I've been unable to find any negative comments on the 2013/2014 models.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have heard that the final drive is by belt.
Is this correct??
JimV

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
How I wish I could get my ECU re-flashed to 2013 software, and get rid of the 3000 rpm lower threshold in Auto mode. For gods sake Suzuki, it's a 650 twin, not a 50cc single.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts