Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Important 2013 650 component from Suzuki for top case install.

Click photo for make larger.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I notice it uses spools vs. the tabs to locate the case.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes MJR, Suzuki want sell espensive Suzuki top case made by GIVI.

Hope GIVI make & sell adapter plate for other GIVI top case and not stuck with only single case option.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
As long as Suzuki will sell the piece that fills the hole left when you remove the back rest it won't be to big a problem. You could fabricate or have a local welding shop fabricate an adapter to bolt on a standard GIVI mounting plate.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I think that is the trick bit - as long as the supplied plastic does the business in tidying up the bike I cannot see why the earlier model mounting arrangement cannot be used other than maybe adjusting the height of the spacer tubes.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Chérie, is GIVI selling their trunks, mounts, and windshields for the 2103 650 over there? They have the parts and numbers listed on the givi.it site. Here is link to their web page

http://www.givi.it/My-motorcycle/?ma=SUZUKI&mo=Burgman-650-13

I wonder how long it will take GIVI to get those items to the US. When the redesigned 400 came out in the US, it was a log time before they had a WS available.

I took the passenger back rest off yesterday but did not get time to mount the GIVI mounting plate on it. I will do it today and post some pics. Removing it made me a little nervous not knowing how the plastic pieces released. On the pre-13s, I know how things work, how I have relearn a lot of things, hopefully without any damage to the tabs.

If I remember correctly, didn’t GIVI supply a plastic piece to cover an open space with one of its trunk mounting kits? Maybe the 05-06 "S" models.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Chérie, is GIVI selling their trunks, mounts, and windshields for the 2103 650 over there? They have the parts and numbers listed on the givi.it site.
Not sure if she would know being in Canada. I'd figure they would get it when we do.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out. My mistake. Sorry about that Chérie.

Maybe someone from Europe or the UK could comment.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for pointing that out. My mistake. Sorry about that Chérie.

Maybe someone from Europe or the UK could comment.
Not problem, me guess this only depend on GIVI importer in USA.

Several year ago GIVI Canada importer put special order for me, GIVI product not available here but sell in Europe, importer place order with GIVI and it ship with regular shipment they have coming, it arrive 2 week later.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
It looks like the case mount needs to over hang the rear of the bike more for clearance of the seat opening than earlier models. So based on the photos the mounting hole pattern is the same though?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Yes, the mounting holes are the same. I did not screw down the plate to the mount and try the trunk on the bike since I did not think that anyone would be using it as is. But you never know.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all picture. Think now owner have existing GIVI case wait for GIVI to offer necessary kit to install Maxia and other GIVI case on 2013 model. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Was told by GIVI that the mounting plate for the 2013 will be out sometime towards the end of July. This year I hope.

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Very good. I hope the windshields will be available also. I am going to call them today or Monday to find out.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I measured from the closest mount plate bolt to the rear edge of the seat on the 11 & 13, they are very close to the same distance. The 13 might be a little wider space between the seat and first bolt. But the pre-13 seat is more sloped in the rear. It looks like seat-trunk clearance should not be a problem.

Since the Suzuki rear cover is not available in the US, I am curious if GIVI will provide the necessary plastic to cover the open space. Also GIVI is using a new number for its trunk mount, if their mounts are the same, why change the number.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
As long as Suzuki will sell the piece that fills the hole left when you remove the back rest it won't be to big a problem. You could fabricate or have a local welding shop fabricate an adapter to bolt on a standard GIVI mounting plate.

I just ordered the rear cover in black (it only comes in black or grey) from my local dealer using the Canadian part number. She said it should be in by mid-week next week. We will see if it happens. I am assuming that I will be able to mount my GIVI mount and trunk off my '11 onto the '13. I will post when I install it.

I also had her check the number for the side air deflectors, but the number came back invalid. I will try again at a later date.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts