Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's, I did my oil change on my 650 today and didn't have to take the left side tupperware off like they show on Le Dude. Just underneath near the oil drain there is a allen bolt I took off and drain the oil. Did I find a new place to drain oil or did I make a booboo. It did drain all the oil right to the last drop.

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
The allen bolt just to the right and in front of the crankcase drain bolt goes into an oil gallery. It does not go to the bottom of the crankcase. If you did not remove the crankcase drain bolt you did not completely drain the engine.

It is possible to change both the engine and transmission oil without removing the lower left leg shield. I normally remove it anyway as it gives easier access and only takes a couple of minutes to remove and reinstall.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You only have to take the tupperware off to change the transmission fluid which you do every other oil change.
No need to remove any tupperware to change oil, transmission, or final drive oil. I do iton my 650 all the time. Fill the tranny thru the overflo hole. You only have to remove the final drive cover.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The only tupperware needing to be removed to replace all the oils is the engine maintenance cover and final drive cover. This is for the 650 up to 2012. 2013 and up have different tupperware and need more of it removed.

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
What year 650?

'03-'12 it it not necessary to remove the left faring, to change the tran soil.

These pics. from Allwalk's gallery should clarify.

P.S.
No need to remove the left shield cover, as I have never used the trans oil fill tube. I fill though the overflow hole.

I do believe that there was a body style change in 2013 that makes it necessary to remove the left lower panel to change the trans oil.

See here Hole saw oil change access

Pictures are at the end of the thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts