Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Well that's a bummer, I love the 400.

Sounds like you're not too beat up, either physically or mentally about the bike, though. So good for you and the positive attitude.

Last I heard, left turns in front of MCs are the number one type of accident between auto/MC, something like 50%. So you're in good company.

For the benefit of those reading, personally I use that little yellow high beam flasher button on the left grip as I approach an intersection with a car waiting to make a left turn. I hit it once when I'm 300 yards a way, again at 150 and again as I get close to the intersection, perhaps a fourth as I enter. Flashing lights seems to get drivers attention. You just want to be noticed, not obnoxious with the highbeam. Just my little tip. Use if you like.

Francisco, good luck with the adjuster. I hope you can get that 400 replaced real soon.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I just put the high beams on at point coming up to the turning car and leave them on til I'm past the risk point....I'll add a polite horn beep as well if I think the driver is not paying attention.
Whatever works to get their attention. I used to ride with the highbeam on during the day, but thought flashing might be better. Then I heard in Europe, flashing means go ahead to the other driver. So I split the difference and just do a few long flashes as I approach. Seems to work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.