Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Maybe this thread will help. In a nutshell, aftermarket running lights on my trike kit were shorting out and blowing a 10amp fuse. Do you have any mods wired into the electrical system?

No mods on bike

·
Registered
8 Posts
The fuses all checked good. The 40 amp "main" that the fuse goes in checks bad. The cvt 40 amp cvt is good. All connectors by the battery and solenoid are good. No corrison and not burnt. What do you suggest I do next. Please advise. Thanks
Steveis good.
Make sure the signal fuse is good!
I blew about six due to a defective GIVI trunk. Every time I hit the brakes that bitch Givi shorted blew the signal fuse and would not start. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From your description, you have a short that was not immediately killing the fuse/wire/ connection. The issue was draining your battery first, before the connection to the front was finally interrupted. So you have two issues to find: an interruption plus the short that caised it. I would grab the electric diagram, get a meter and logically work from battery towards front of the bike.

·
Premium Member
19,084 Posts
From your description, you have a short that was not immediately killing the fuse/wire/ connection. The issue was draining your battery first, before the connection to the front was finally interrupted. So you have two issues to find: an interruption plus the short that caised it. I would grab the electric diagram, get a meter and logically work from battery towards front of the bike.
see post # 42

41 - 49 of 49 Posts