Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Some forum members have installed the Remus or Leo Vince exhaust on the 650. Search for Remus or Leo Vince using the seach link above.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm not sure I'd consider it an upgrade, though. :roll:

Steve

·
Registered
925 Posts
Leo Vince makes a really nice product. I have seen and heard several on some Derbi scooters, and am curious how the Burgman pipe would sound.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a Remus on mine. It weighs a lot less, looks good and sounds great! The bike "feels" peppier, but I doubt if it adds any significant horsepower. One would need to fiddle with the air intake and fuel injection as well to make a difference. Swapping to an aftermarket exhaust is just something I do, whether I need it or not!

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I like my Remus exhaust much better than the stock muffler. I can't say how it compares to Leo Vince because I have never seen/heard a Burgman 650 set up with one. As far as I know those are the only two available. I know Magyver did rig up a motorcycle exhaust on his, so if you like to tinker, there are other possibilities.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Anyone ever get a sound file for me PLEEEEEZE let me know? I've modified exhaust on every bike I owned since the 50's. But have never heard this motor with one and the CVT makes me fear it would be a pointless drone. But I'm bored. Bored AND old so sure would like to have a clue.......

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Pappy,

You can make realistic motorcycle sounds by going into manual mode. In auto mode, it sounds more like an airplane. It is better sounding than the stock exhaust though (which is slightly less interesting than the OEM exhaust on my Ford Taurus). I occasionally go into manual mode to entertain the kids in my neighborhood - but I am used to the CVT engine drone in normal riding.

One of the many things wrong with the world today is that too many people think that a whisper quiet motorcycle is cool. That's just wrong. You know it. I know it. So I fixed it. :twisted:

·
Registered
520 Posts
pauljo said:
Pappy,

One of the many things wrong with the world today is that too many people think that a whisper quiet motorcycle is cool. That's just wrong. You know it. I know it. So I fixed it. :twisted:
Yeah and till I get another job I keep lookin at that BIG Old Drill hangin next to my 650...........You should hear the MUSIC from your V Strom (with cans) by the way! Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts