Registered
13,278 Posts
Slick clip from Belgium. Too back we can't get the Executive here ... yet. :(

·
Registered
367 Posts
burg650 said:
How do I save that add to my HD.
If you are using Windows, right mouse click on the link (URL) and select Save Target As and tell it when you want to save it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
billmeek said:
Note: ***25+ meg file. High-speed internet connection recommended***
That's what office computers are for! :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Sails said:
That's what office computers are for! :)
Nice if ya got'em. Some of our forum members still are on dialup accounts.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
It took the video a long time to buffer up enough to start playing - even with a high speed cable internet connection. Rather slow feed from overseas.

Interesting to view. From the descriptive phrases used throughout the video, you'd think the narrator was describing a Gold Wing... Totally complementary, albeit a bit overstated. I kind of grimaced when he started droning on about the "plush ride"....

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Yes thanks for that Sails.

I played it a few times when my wife was in the room as part of my pyschological warfare tactics to gain the 'SWMBO command approved' to get me one of those LABs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey I go home to get a decent speed, since getting my 2m speed upgrade for less money its spoilt me.
:roll: Thats a great link to let it run as a screen saver, they must have improved the suspension 100% if its now a plush ride, but I would still like the extra go from the 650 and if the mirrors fold down on the move I'll have to consider one. That was my main problem cutting through cagers and hitting the mirrors I dont mind hitting cagers but I dont like damaging the scooter, but I liked the speed, usefull if you do hit the cagers.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
phil thunder said:
I dont mind hitting cagers but I dont like damaging the scooter
I suspect the cagers aren't too happy with you hitting them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When the cagers sit on the white line between lanes thats the least I can do, when you get two trucks side by side with sufficient gap between them to pass and two cars sit and block the way which are three feet narrower than the trucks you wish for something like a big trail bike with solid hand guards. When I had the Vstrom I sat high enough to lean on roofs, that sort of allowed free passage, over in most parts of Europe they will happily pull over, over here they do it deliberatly to block you, and the smaller the bike/scooter the worse they are.
When I am on the Bonneville they look at the Union Flag on the front and appologise and pull over, taxis give me the thumbs up, on the scooter I am invisable. What is it with cagers, when I am driving I move over, bikes never hold me up. Now if I could fit a pair of FAMMS, hand guards and engine bars, oh sod it, who am I kidding what I really need is a two wheeled tank, I might enjoy the ride into London. :evil: :twisted:

·
Registered
209 Posts
NormanB said:
I played it a few times when my wife was in the room as part of my pyschological warfare tactics to gain the 'SWMBO command approved' to get me one of those LABs.
I play the '05 goldwing video everytime my wife walks in the room. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
if the mirrors fold down on the move I'll have to consider one
Hey Phil, the mirrors do fold down, I bought a executive in May, great scoot. The mirrors are controlled by a blue switch on the LH bar, pressing the switch and the mirrors fold in, pressing it again and the mirrors open out!
At first I thought it would be a gimmick, but I use it all the time, I need to get the scoot thru' a gate. Also when going thru' traffic its dead handy for making the scoot that little bit narrower.
FYI the executive also has ABS brakes, I have 'tested' them and they do seem to work :)
After building up my confidence with the ABS, last week (offroad) I gave them the ultimate test, in pouring rain at approx. 25mph I did a full power emergency stop (both brakes) it stopped.......without a skid and very fast!...I was quite impressed with the ABS, mind I still don't trust it on the open road, and find myself braking conservatively. Mind its possibly the best way, then rely on the ABS if sh*t hits the fan!

Andy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Every time I get an answer its positive, the hairs on the back of my neck go up and my wrist twitches, I think Ive got it bad, I need a cure fast. Help Help

·
Registered
95 Posts
Following up the link to the Burgman Website in Germany, I found this interesting photo, see

http://www.an650.de/4images/details.php ... ode=search

Here we see two features that I have not heard about yet.

1. the windshield height control
2. the pushbutton emergency control

Has anyone inquired about taking delivery of an 05 Executive bike in Europe?

Cheers,

·
Registered
22 Posts
scooterguy said:
Following up the link to the Burgman Website in Germany, I found this interesting photo, see

http://www.an650.de/4images/details.php ... ode=search

Here we see two features that I have not heard about yet.

1. the windshield height control
2. the pushbutton emergency control
Well, the pushbutton emergency control looks to be a pushbutton-actuated version of the hazard-flasher sliding switch on the 2004 and earlier Burgman 650 (non-Executive).

PWB

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
The adjustable shield would be a very welcome option.... if the Executive was available here. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts