Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an all Black Executive edition and it is a dream. Can you help for . a) How fast & aggresive should I drive it now ? b) What is the F1 blinking sometimes on the panel ? c) Which do you think are the most important accessories ? Thanks everybody and I'm happy to be a member of your group now. (Previous bike the amazing Yamaha V-Max with 1.200cc and 145hp, but know I feel more comfortable)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
GR_DUKE said:
Just got an all Black Executive edition and it is a dream. Can you help for . a) How fast & aggresive should I drive it now ?
Some say ride it hard from the beginning to seat the valves, others say follow the Suzuki recommendations for breaking in. I split the difference by accelerating moderately hard up to, but not over, 4000RPM for the first 500 miles.

GR_DUKE said:
b) What is the F1 blinking sometimes on the panel ?
It's actually supposed to represent "FI" not "F1" and it means "Fuel Injection." And there are two places it can show up, so I'm not sure which one you mean; the LCD display or a red indicator light on the right.

Here's what the manual says:

There are two things that can cause it to activate: Fuel Injection system failure, and CVT failure.

If "FI" and the odometer reading alternate on the display, and the red FI light is on, the engine may continue to run.

If the odometer changes to "FI" steadily, and the red FI lights blinks, the engine may not run.

Riding the Burgman with the display indicating a problem with the fuel injection system and with the red light lit can damage the engine and/or transmission.

Whenever the red light is lit and the display indicates "FI" an authorized Suzuki dealer or qualified mechanic should inspect the FI and CVT systems as soon as possible.

If the display indicates "FI" and the coolant temperature alternately, and the red light comes on and stays on, keep the engine running and take the bike to dealer. If the engine stalls try to restart after turning the key off and then back on.

GR_DUKE said:
c) Which do you think are the most important accessories?
It depends on your size and the kind of riding you do.

A lot of people are adding larger, and in a few cases smaller, windshields.

Many have added "Top Boxes" and other additional storage spaces.

Some have added stereos and two-way radio systems/intercoms, and some have added custom seats..

The only thing I've added so far is gloves, sunscreen for my neck, and a lot of gas. Next is a mesh jacket, because the solid-fabric one I have now is too hot, but I want the protection a jacket offers.

HTH, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA! Where are you from? (As far as I know the Executive model isn't available in the USA.)

As far as breaking in, I did not worry about the 4k rev limit. You want to vary your engine speed as much as possible and avoid full throttle. Straight line cruising at a fixed rpm should be avoided. If necessary, you can always switch into power mode occassionally to vary the rpms.

As far as the FI light blinking, I would take the machine back to the dealer and have them run dignostics - something is not right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Accesories

I come from Greece and thats where I got the Executive model. The FI stopped after turning on-off the machine, so I hope everything is OK.
How and where can I find the right accesories , like : a Hifi Stereo, an intercom set and an easy to store Uniform to wear over a suit , for the rain situations ?

·
Registered
373 Posts
My executive has a Meta 357T Alarm fitted, and if I turn the ignition on before I switch the Immobiliser off I get the FI light.
Turning the Immobiliser off before turning the ignition on and no problem, no FI light

Hope this helps....

Andy

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Welcome,
RE Break-in, The most important thing is vary the RPM, and Change the fluids @ 500 miles to get the shavings out of the engine and Trans, this includes the rear drive train. The 4,000 limit is not that critical as long as you don't hold it there. 4,000 RPM is 60 -65 MPH (100 KPH or so), so it really isn't that much of an inconvience. I changed my engine, and Trans oil (with filter) @ 200, then again and 600 with the drive train, then 3,000 miles. I now have 5,000 miles and plan on running all synthetic fluids at the next change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts