Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '07 650 Executive with 7250 miles on it. I checked the CVT Stopper bolt and this is what it looked like so it was replaced:

At this point, I'm going to check/replace it every 7500 miles. I ordered 3 of them from Oneida to have them handy. Seems like the one in the 650 was already replaced as it looks like the same dimensions to me.

Disaster averted....I hope.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I also have a 2007 Executive (red ones are the fastest you know ;)) and now have a bit over 14K on it. 10 minutes ago I was checking my bolt again and it looked just like it did the last time I looked at it and that being just like new. Sure a wonder why some of them get chewed up and some of them never show any wear at all. Mystery to me.

·
Premium Member
14,259 Posts
Personally I would not have replaced that bolt. The wear on it does not look excessive. Still it's a cheap part so if you want to replace it no big deal.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What exactly causes the dent or dents in the bolt? Is there a small gap between it and what it is holding in place, and over time the bolt being hit thousands of times causes the indention? Or is there a lot of force from the thing it's holding pressing up against the bolt while accelerating or slowing down?

·
Premium Member
14,259 Posts
THat is exactly what is happening. The bolt does not really hold anything in place the way you normally thing of a bolt doing. It just is a loose fit in a hole in the side of the adjuster portion of the primary pulley. It's function isn't to hold something on. It's to keep the adjuster from spinning in place when the electric motor engages to change the pulley position. It is acting basically like a wrench on the head of a bolt would to hold it in place while you turn the nut on the other end. Each time the motor engages it causes the adjuster to spin until it hits the stopper bolt.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Personally I would not have replaced that bolt. The wear on it does not look excessive. Still it's a cheap part so if you want to replace it no big deal.
I concur. that bolt looks like it still has plenty of life left in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts