Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Randy,

You need to email/call Corbin and ask about a seat for the 400. If they get enough inquiries, they are more likely to build one for the 400.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I love it! I want ...I want ...I want!

·
Registered
220 Posts
All I get, instead of a picture, is a little red "X" in the upper left hand corner. Woe is me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's definately gonna be expensive...my guess is at least $550 USD plus add for the backrests. I also suppose these will be manufactured from a stock seat and if so I wonder what the exhange or core return policy will be.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Right off of Corbin's page,

"Fresh from Corbin's "You asked for it you got it" R&D department, Corbin's soon to be released Dual Touring saddle for the popular Suzuki Burgman 650."

So we all have to give a big thanks to those 650 riders who wrote Corbin asking for this seat, and to Corbin for responding :lol: . Now, hopefully, the 400 owners can do the same.

Corbin has the seat for the Silverwing listed at $479.00, and the oval backrest at $199.00. The Burgman price should be pretty similar.

This is going to be sweet!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Scutour said:
It's definately gonna be expensive...my guess is at least $550 USD plus add for the backrests. I also suppose these will be manufactured from a stock seat and if so I wonder what the exhange or core return policy will be.
Corbin usually manufactures their own seat bases. So there is nothing to return or exchange. This is part of the higher cost, but you get to keep your stock seat.... I also think they might replace the hydraulic strut that lifts the seat, because their seat will be heavier. This will also add to the cost if they do it. It will be a great seat, but expensive.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Looks nice and comfy but I just cant see spending that kind of money on a new seat . Never mind the exchange and shipping and duties :shock: Looks like I will be living with the OEM seat for some time to come.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Allwalk, I would love to get one but most likely won't get one right away.

Maybe we could survey all interested burgman owners and try to get a group discount?

Question for bwdbrn1: On the silverwing backrest, is the approx cost of $199 for both driver and passenger backrests?

I also presume these seats will be leather?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Scutour said:
I also presume these seats will be leather?
Corbin prefers to use a leather seating surface and vinyl sides on their seats. The reason is that the vinyl flexes better. The Corbin seat on my V-Strom is about 80 % leather surface, 20 % vinyl were it needs to flex. They will, however, let you customize the design over the phone, and they have a great many colors to choose from in both the leather and vinyl materials. I went with their basic standard design for the V-Strom, but had yellow piping added, which looks gorgeous on the yellow bike. I've had three Corbin seats (Suzuki V-Strom, Kawasaki Concours, and Honda Shadow 1100), and I've been 100% happy with each one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts