Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

650 Center Stand deployment

955 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pauljo 
#1 ·
Just noticed on another thread that Joe from Montclair, NJ felt the Burg was more difficult to raise on the center stand that an Aprillia Atlantic 500. Maybe this will help those who feel the same way.

I have tried several methods and the one demo'ed by my salesman works the best and is very easy. I think the key is using your right foot and placing it on the stand lever with your toes facing forward and the foot parallel to the scoot. I hold the left brake in and with the bars full left push down on the center stand until I feel both centger stand feet on the ground. I rock the scoot sideways a few times to get it centered and then just gently push down with my right foot. It takes no effort at all and the scoot seems to rise up and on the stand. I don't pull at all with my arms, just push my foot down. Other methods end up with me horsing the thing up and usually feel very awkward.

Hope this helps anyone who has any trouble with the center stand at all.

C

#2 ·
Habu,

Getting the bike straight and with both centerstand feet on the ground and then standing on the centerstand lever is the key. Left hand on the left grip, right hand under the side grab bar (or seat on some bikes) and right foot on the centerstand. I find it easier to have the bars straight and no hand on the brake, that way the bike is rolling straight back without resistance. It works for all bikes GoldWing to mini bike.

Thanx
Russ

#3 ·
Russ Schaeffer said:
Getting the bike straight and with both centerstand feet on the ground and then standing on the centerstand lever is the key.
And the people said "AMEN!" (Or, at least, I heartily agree.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.