Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im a newbie as far as the burgman 650 goes, i have mine a couple uf months now. I had a couple of smaller scooters over the past few years but none compare to the mighty BURGER!!! I live in ireland and would like to fit a cd player or mp3 into the bike. Does anyone have any advice on websites or info on how to start to even concieve on how to do this?? It'd be great if someone could help me out?? Take it handy lads!!!! Irish Dave.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Poke around in the How To Forum, and see if there is anything there that will be of use.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I use a very small AA-powered RIO MP3/FM player (256MB - kept under my seat) along with Cambridge 12 volt 2.1 "surround-sound" subwoofer and speakers. They are visible on my links below (web site or gallery.) The Rio was like 50 or 60 bux and the 12volt speakers were about 40 USD.

It isn't perfect but it's good enough for me. Can hear fine up till about 50mph indicated - would probably be better with a big windshield. The speakers aren't waterproof but they've gotten drenched a few times and still function fine. The remote volume control also has been on my step thru since the begining and it works fine too.

Hope this helps.
Pete

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave. Jac Vinson (a member of our forum) markets a radio pod with waterproof speakers that mounts easily and looks great. I have one on the way and should receive it within a few days. You can order the entire kit, ready to mount with stereo or you can just order the pod and buy your own stereo. I ordered just the pod/speakers and will buy a higher end stereo with anti-skip for the CD/MP3 use.

His website has all the info you need. http://www.rvtoys.net or you can email him at [email protected]

You can also do a search on the Gallery and see pictures of the stereo pod.

Buzz

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've done a setup similar to what Pete describes above, but I use a 1GB MP3 player I picked up on eBay that has a great FM stereo tuner built in as well. I have also added a real nice pair of headset speakers (in my case I used Audiobahn, they sounded best to my ear) to my helmets & can just plug them into the glove box to connect to the rest of the setup. I also added an aux input so that I can plug in the radar detector, or a cd player, or a 2 way radio.

I am currently working on an active amplifier/mixer that will have multiple inputs (currently working on 6), dual outputs, & IF I can work out the logic properly the outputs will be a mixed/muted/simultaneous output of any or all of the input sources, user selectable. That last bit is a little tricky, but I think I have the basis for the circuitry down, & most of the control logic working (on paper at least). I'm hoping that when it's done I can package it in a manner similar to the "candy mint can", sometimes called CMOY or XMOY amp you see advertised online & on eBay.

When I complete the prototype, I'm considering just publishing the schematics & specs on the net & let DIYers do it themselves.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've used Creative Labs 40 G "Juke Box" with Rumble Road Amplified Speaker on a Nomad Cycle which worked well. The speakers use the handlebars as ground, and I didn't want to cut into the plastic covers on the 650. So I sold them and am looking for some decent speakers to maybe mount in the right and left cubby pockets. But the "Juke Box" will play all day long at random and never repeat if sufficiently loaded - no skips either. Would recommend it as a music source rather than an MP-3, small enough to fit in a shirt pocket too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use a (nowadays antiqued) Creative Juke Box 3 with "only" 20 gigs HDD placed in the LH glove box. I have no speakers installed but have the JB hooked to a StarComm1 Intercom instead which gives excellent music quality through the headset-speakers (even with speeds up to 120 km/h)
I am very satisfied with this setup: Around 20 hours nonstop-music (I have the optional 2nd battery in the JB), due to the control-button-layout of this old JB it can be operated while riding (just open the glove-box-lid and "feel" the buttons, works with gloves too).

·
Registered
689 Posts
I believe a MP3 player is the way to go, last weekend for the first time I used a ipod while on one of my rides and it felt like I just started to ride for the first time, it made the ride so much more fun and enjoyable that I wanted to keep going until the batteries or gas ran out which ever came first.

You can get a wired or wireless remote for the ipod that is why I like the ipod better that all other, I used a wired remote had the unit in my jacket pocket wires for the remote ran down my sleeve and remote attached to the end of the sleeve where I could get to the buttons real easy and of course the ear plugs come up through the top of the jacket there is also a wireless remote that you can attach to the ipod and leave it in your pocket and control all basic function that will be next for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts