Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2006 650. Want to put new tires on any suggestions on make and style. Also should bearings be changed at same time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I prefer the Michelin's not a lot to choose from in any brand. Motorcycle superstore has tires on sale right now. You can have them shipped to where you are going to have them mounted so you don't have to pack them on the scoot. safe scootin Jay

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
http://www.bridgestone.eu/press/press-releases/2013/bridgestone-launches-battlax-sc-ecopia-for-maxi-scooters

The new Battlax SC Ecopia provides a maintained high-level handling, stability, wear life and comfort as the standard Battlax SC, but with the advantage of greater fuel efficiency due to improvements in rolling resistance of 15%. “With the new Battlax SC Ecopia, riders of maxi scooters can save fuel but still have total confidence and enjoy the ride” says Vincent Van Houtte, Senior Manager Motorcycle Tyre Products, Bridgestone Europe.
In other words, it will wear out just as soon as the previous types.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Have a 2006 650. Want to put new tires on any suggestions on make and style. Also should bearings be changed at same time.
How many miles on your ride? Sounds like your changing both? Turn the bearings by hand. If smooth & no leaks I'd leave them alone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles on your ride? Sounds like your changing both? Turn the bearings by hand. If smooth & no leaks I'd leave them alone.
650 has 3800 miles but I acquired it this last summer. Tires still look decent with no cracks but they are 8 years old so thought change them for safety sake. Rode for 20 years then when kids came along had to give up. Kids long gone now I get to play:)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Best setup find in 10 years of 650 ownership, Bstone Battlax radial TH01 front with Michelin Pilot Sport SC radial rear.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
+1 (Buffalo and Cherie influenced me to give this a try).

I only have about 500 miles experience on the TH01/Pilot Sport combo, but I like what I'm feeling - a greater responsiveness in initiating turns. I think the OEM set-up is fine, but for my twisty heavy riding, this seems better.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
what about the Michelin Gold Standard Tires? I see the front tire on ebay for under $40...

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
what about the Michelin Gold Standard Tires? I see the front tire on ebay for under $40...
I'm running that on the front of mine with the darkside CT rear.
The Gold Standard is a non-radial tire that was standard on the 650 a few years back. 06 I believe to be the last year but don't quote me on that. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
As far as I know the Gold Standard has never been standard equipment on the 650. I believe the TH01 radial has been the standard tire since 2003. I know my 2005 came standard with the TH01.

·
Administrator
18,739 Posts
It is true that the Gold Standard was NEVER a OEM tire but some of us think it was a better one.

If you can get one I would do so. Once the old stock is gone there will not be any more.

I an running a Shinko on the front right now. Not as nice as a Gold Standard by any means. Just a bit of wobble between 25 MPH and 35 MPH on rain grooved roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts