Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone that has both bikes give me their opinion on the lighting. I have the Majesty and ride alot at night and the lights are excellent. I might be getting a burg and want to know how it compares. Thank you.

·
Registered
585 Posts
IMO the Burgman lights are a bit better - but its been a while since I've rode either one - weather being what it is around here. Both are excellent.
I think the 'upgrade' will please you. It certainly did me.

Welcome to 'busa'.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I had a 2005 650 for many years and now have a 2009 majesty. I find that they both produce excellent illumination......pierre

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree. I have an '05 Maj and a '07 Burgie and both are excellent. I might favor the Majesty by a hair, but not enough not to make a difference and the Burgie is better in all respects but fuel mileage.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If illumination is a big concern, you might want to avoid the "one eyed Burgmans". They have one headlight as low beam and the other as the high beam (as its normally off, hence the term "one-eyed"). The '07 Burgman 400 was one-eyed, but they switched to a traditional two-eyed (both headlights have high and low beams) in '08 and on. I'm not sure about the pre-'07 400s and I think all 650s were two-eyed.

However, I've never had a problem with my one-eyed bike, but I don't do a lot of night-time riding. Good luck. The burg is a great bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I own both a Majesty and a Burgman 650, and regularly commute to work in the early morning before sunrise.

Never really noticed a difference between the lighting on either bike. Both are excellent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts