Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
my 2007 burgman 650 bogs down when i take off from a stop sign it has 42,000 miles on it i wonder if it would need new plugs or mabe a better grade of gas.
This just start, or has been getting worse over time?

Do any maintenance or other work lately?

When’s the last time you changed the air filter, or done other maintenance?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This just start, or has been getting worse over time?

Do any maintenance or other work lately?

When’s the last time you changed the air filter, or done other maintenance?
it just started, I do all my own oil and transmission oil changes myself, it only bogs down when the engine is hot right from a stop sign. when the engine is cold it runs like a champ, I have a speedo healer on it set to 8.5 im wondering if that could be wrong. I bought new plugs and ill see how it runs after that. Thanks for any ideas you might have.

·
Administrator
18,077 Posts
Might need valves adjusted. If a bit too tight it will run fine cold but when hot the valves expand and may not set on the valve seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i changed the plugs no help, what its doing is when its cold it works fine but when the motor warms up it goes up to 5000 rpms before it kicks into first gear, after 35mph it runs like a charm, until i have to stop then it revs up high and moves very slow till it builds up speed. could the cvt motor correct this or do I need the whole engine worked on. it only slips starting out from a dead stop. no warning lights showed up so im wondering if the cvt motor is bad.

·
Premium Member
9,661 Posts
without a fault code, i'd suggest a clutch slippage test, it's easy, don't cost nothin and should take large amounts of parts out of the question.

·
Administrator
18,077 Posts
I could be a couple things but I'd bet its the Primary Position Sensor (PPS) or the Primary servo motor.

The PPS senses where the Primary Pulley is and tells the ECM so it can run the Primary Servo motor to adjust the pulley.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
it goes up to 5000 rpms before it kicks into first gear, after 35mph it runs like a charm,
Kicks into first gear, or clutch engages?
Put it manual mode, get above 35 mph where you say it runs fine, now start downshifting until you are in “1”. Does it downshift correctly to 1st “gear”, and with no errors?
If so, come to a stop and immediately take off. Same issue? If so , it would seem to indicate a slipping clutch. If it doesn’t manually shift correctly, then there’s various other possible issues.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i changed the plugs no help, what its doing is when its cold it works fine but when the motor warms up it goes up to 5000 rpms before it kicks into first gear, after 35mph it runs like a charm, until i have to stop then it revs up high and moves very slow till it builds up speed. could the cvt motor correct this or do I need the whole engine worked on. it only slips starting out from a dead stop. no warning lights showed up so im wondering if the cvt motor is bad.
I wouldn't have called it bogging down, if the RPMs race up to 5,000. That reminds me of a slipping clutch. I had that symptom after using the wrong oil at 60,000 mi. Don't know if it was the miles or the oil. LeDude has instructions for repair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts