Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in to my local dealer today and was told the '05's were out and they had 4 of them and all of them were sold on the first day! THey had one 400 in the showroom. Dealer is ordering more as he cannot believe how "Hot" these are selling. The word is gettin' around!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Can you enlighten us as to if all the rumors are true? meaning, overdrive, turn signal colors, guages? Colors?
WE've all been waiting for this moment all winter long.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer didn't have any on the floor, but should have some by end of next week. He sold the 4 he had the same day he got them. I did get the litature and it did say that the overdrive is new, as well as the clear lenses, colors were blue and silver, and the gas guage is different and should give you a better reading on how much fuel is left in the tank. I will try to get there next week to see the changes. He is suppose to call me when the next one arrives, (It too is already sold though) :(

·
Registered
728 Posts
****, sound like Ohio is going to be overrun with burgmans
Thanks for the info. I'm really syched now about getting on '05. Maybe I'd better get to the dealers and get talking to them. I was going to wait till I could ride my intruder there, to show them what I had for a trade in. maybe I'd better not wait.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really think that sales will be a regional thing. Some areas will have huge sales, while others will have Burgman's sitting around in the show-room. THe dealer I saw was selling the 2005's for less than retail, thus quick sales. I assume that his second shipment will be much closer to retail. Supply and demand! :cyclops:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Casek,
I'm sure you're right about the region thing. I know here in northwest NYS, the mentality is mostly....HARLEY or nothing. most bikes here are harleys, then I'd say Goldwings, then crotch rockets. Very few metric cruisers here.
I'll definately be out of the loop if I get a Burgman. I remember when I got my suzuki inturder 1400, everybody in the neighborhood came running over for a look. Once they found out it WASN'T a Harley, they just walked away, kind of discusted like. Of course none of them rode any bike what so ever.
Oh well, I ride what I like, not what everybody else thinks I should ride. I really love my intruder. For me, its about as perfect a bike as I could ask for. I'm just hoping I'll feel the same about the Burgman when I get one. My health is what is driving me to get something with more protection for my arms and legs, or I'd be keeping the intruder. I like being a rebel (without a clue). Always have been. so the Brugman will just follow suit with the intruder...being different then what everybody else here rides.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Looks like I'm gonna have to take a trip over to Ohio then. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts