Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I posted a msg. a while back with my concerns of how much a 600 mile check-up would be on my Burgman 400 2005. The answers from the group ranged from anywhere around $300 - $600+++. So I was a little worried.

Well---today I went and had mine done. My bike has 1100 miles on it. I did change the oil myself @ 45 miles & 350. (Filters too).

The dealer I took it to has a fine rep. in the area. And deservingly so.

- oil filter and oil
- Check engine chassis & Chassis mounting bolts
- Inspect & clean brakes
- Inspect plug - - - good- - leave it alone
- inspect and clean air filter
- check and adjust cables
- check steering assembly
- check and tighten exhaust mounting bolts
- check all wheel fastening bolts, rod or other bolts for security
- check all fluid levels - radiator, brake and other levels

GET THIS > > > $98.29 TOTAL AND---I bought a Throttle Rocker for $9.95 in that price.

1-1/2 hr labor $60.00. I was in and out in 1-3/4 hr.

He and I discussed the rep of some dealers out there. A lot of them will easily take your wallet for a spin, If you are not sure what he is going to do, or his price - - LEAVE. If he is honest with you, you will certainly give him your future business. I KNOW---I checked 2 other dealers before I went to this one. And the prices were outragous. (including the one I bought the bike from).

If you are in the state of Indiana:

Dan's Powersports
2500 National Rd. West
Richmond, Indiana 47392
765-939-8344

Ride good and Watch Out

Don

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don,

You got a great deal - my 600mi ran $320. I hate the service dept. at my dealership and probably won't let them do any more work. They act like they're too good to work on a scooter . . . and I bought the $#%^ bike there! I'm paying with the same green $ a cruiser or crotch-rocket rider is. Go figure.

Wish I was in IA . . . :)

Ron B.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Fair price for what he did. I do notice that you did not list valve clearance inspection among the tasks performed. That can add significantly to the total, and I think on the 400 it is recommended at the first service. There has been discussion on this, and opinions vary on whether it is actually needed at that mileage. But for folks who DID have the valves done, you cannot compare what they paid directly to what you paid.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
pauljo said:
Fair price for what he did. I do notice that you did not list valve clearance inspection among the tasks performed. That can add significantly to the total, and I think on the 400 it is recommended at the first service. There has been discussion on this, and opinions vary on whether it is actually needed at that mileage. But for folks who DID have the valves done, you cannot compare what they paid directly to what you paid.
Correcto and confirmed- it is required! :)

However it is unlikely to have needed adjustment - the dealer has stamped your service book to indicate it has been serviced in accordance with Suzuki's recommendations - so if you have a problem you are as covered as you can be - (cautious phraseology cos Suzuki are wriggling buggers). So, in sum - you got a good deal! :) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts