Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if anyone would happen to know the torque value of the 54mm (2-1/8) nut that holds the contra spring in place...2009 burg 400. I found an 03 reference but not sure it's the same.
Tks.
Gilles.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Clutch shoe nut (a): 105 N·m (10.5 kgf-m, 76.0 lb-ft)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I know it isn't the best method, but I did as s-steel said, I put a mark on it before I took that nut off and then used an impact wrench to put it back to the mark. I don't have a good way to hold that whole clutch assembly firmly (at least not without possibly damaging it) so couldn't use a torque wrench.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You have to build some mount or use a huge vise but tightening it into the vise may warp/bend something. Pre mark, hold between feet and use an impact wrench seems the most logical solution

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. There was a mark but it was on the old bell which I am replacing. My son is a mechanic in a truck shop so we have the torquing tools and we will figure out a way to hold it.
G.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I tightened the crap out of mine (gudden tight), 3000 miles ago and still OK, will check next time I clean out the variator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts