Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary yesterday. The celebration had been planned behind their backs. They were totally taken by surprise. A friend of theirs, an old congregationalist minister, had told them that he was having some kind of induction ceremony, and if they and his wife would come by and pick him up at the church...he would then go out to a fancy resturant with them to celebrate. When they arrived he told them to sit down outside the sanctuary then opened the doors. We, their children and grand children all came out and hugged them. We then led them in and had them stand in front of the crowd of friends and family that had all come to town for this event. Then each of their children, starting with me, made a statement or poem regarding their life together. The minister then proceeded to renew their vows.
My parents were overcome with emotion, they could hardly stand up. It was beautiful.
Afterwards we had a reception with toasts, food and good times....
....it was a good day.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
How COOL is THAT!!???

Cheers!!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
50 years..................
Judging by the trouble an lot of people went through to set up the surprise they must be a exceptional couple :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
We did basically the same thing for my parent's 50th. My sisters had snuck into their house when they were away and found their wedding pictures and dating pictures. They had many of those blown up and mounted, hanging all around a large choir rehearsal room at the church. My dad was a choir director there, and had left church at about 12:15 for dinner with Mom. The pastor called him about 20 minutes later at the diner about a "break-in" at the church, and asked if he would stop by as soon as possible. The diner was near the church. Their house was farther away, so Dad brought Mom back to the church with him.

The rest went pretty much as ABQ's story.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In this modern world it can seem amazing... it is, and it's wonderful!

.....and then I rode the burgman home. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts