Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On both my 2005 and the 2009 - the bikes got smoother and smoother as they approached 20k km - silky.

Now the 2009 has a bit more vibration.

Knowing there seems to be a risk at higher mileages.....is it worth while taking a look inside the ECVT since I'm about half way ( 31,000 miles ) to where the risk seems to be higher.

What would the mechanic look for.
My spidey sense says the belt is vibrating a bit more than it had been doing in it's super smooth period.

Are there any other subsystems that could cause the increase. I can generally get it to smooth out entirely at a certain speed.

BTW this is on acceleration and at steady speed but there are spots where it's smooth which makes me think it's some harmonic with the belt.

Thoughts?
Anyone else notice an increase in vibration as the miles climb after that long break in period where it gets smoother.

·
Administrator
18,758 Posts
Tires can and will cause it too.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not tires - good tires front and back and varies with throttle.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Does the concept of intake balancing have any applicability to FI engines? I'd be inclined to think this might be a slight difference in the relative "strength" of each cylinder.

·
Administrator
18,758 Posts
Does the concept of intake balancing have any applicability to FI engines? I'd be inclined to think this might be a slight difference in the relative "strength" of each cylinder.
Some model years had the throttle balancing and others did not. The service manual has the poop on if it is needed.

On my 08 I know I need to adjust the throttle position sensor as when I go full throttle and then let off just a bit the bike accelerates harder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts