Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anyone know if the 400 burgie have the exact same mount hole in frame as the 650 burgie have for bolt top case base into such as GIVI case or other ?

This for 2002 to 2013 model.

Thank you for response,

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
No the top case mounts differently on the 400 than it does on the 650.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please can you explain more the difference, do you have photo or diagram of difference hole setup on 400.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
The 03-06 400 does not use the three hole setup like on the 650. On the 03-06 400 the top case mount attaches to the backrest bracket. I'm not totally sure of how the 07+ ones mount but I know it is different from the 650. For pictures the best I can suggest is to go to the GIVI web site and look up the mounting plates.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
The 400 has a 4 bolt mount and the 650 has a 3 bolt mount. I do not know if the mount "wing" (metal piece) that holds the plastic mounting plate is different in height or width or if the bolt spacers are different. I have been thinking about trying a 400 mount if I can find one to borrow.

I am still trying to find out if the 02-12 650 GIVI E529 and 2013 650 SR3104 are different. GIVI has not replied to my message. I will be getting a new GIVI mount to replace the Suzuki mount I purchased recently.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I had a chance to look at a 400 GIVI mount today. The 400 steel plate places the trunk back further and the wings are very different. I do not think it would work well with the 650 even if you could drill the three holes to match the 650.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I spent a lot of money for my 2013 --400 Burgie....I want to put a top box on it but find the mounting plate is ridiculously expensive...

yet I can get it way mount cheaper for the 650 model...if I could adapt the fit of mount for a 650 model i'd do so as it is more affordable. Isn't there a more affordable mount for the 400 model...100 plus dollar just for the mount is way to spendy. I might pay that for the entire box....any suggestions?

I really did not want to go with an off brand but Suzuki is being far to outrageous for this assessory.

·
Registered
345 Posts
HOw about the $60 Givi E-251 monokey universal plate?
This plate has all sorts of preconfigured holes. You should be able to line it up w/ the
provided threaded holes on the Burg....

Reactions: scooter59
1 - 8 of 8 Posts