Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 Yamaha Majesty 400 (also a 650 Burgman). If anyone has owned both a Majesty and a Burgman 400, I'd be interested to know how they compared. I've never had the opportunity to ride a Burgy 400. The Majesty has some annoying traits (clutch, suspension, passenger pegs, engine accessibility, etc.) although it is also a charming ride in most situations.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've only briefly ridden a Majesty for a test drive and, thought it felt/sounded more "scooterish" than the Burgman which, also fit me better. For me, I preferred the Burgy.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Majesty is a little more cramped in the knee room department if you are 6'2" or around that height. Maintenance is easier on the Burgman 400 2007+ with almost no need to remove panelling for basic tasks on service. Cost of parts is probably similar now. Brakes in the Burgman are superior compared to the Majesty I've ridden. Fuel economy on the Burgman 400 is also superior as is luggage space. Performance on the 2010 onwards Burgman is far better than the Majesty. The Burgman has more power and especially midrange torque for good acceleration. Both good bikes though.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm 6'3" and about 250 and the Majesty was cramped on knee space. The Burgman 400 fits me great! Burgman all the way!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
A friend of mine has a brand new Majesty and it is a nice scooter. Much smaller looking parked next to my Burg. I haven't ridden it but did sit on it, the seating was a tiny bit more cramped but not uncomfortable for me{250lbs, 5"10", 32 inseam}. Performance wise I can easily keep up with him and he with me. Right now he is actually getting a tiny bit better fuel economy then I am{I am at 50mpg and he is getting 52mpg - well that is what he claims anyway}{in the summer I got much better, just shy of 60mpg}. I have a bigger trunk however.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yeah, just to be clear. In my earlier post I'm comparing the new later 2010 onwards Burgmans with the new Majesty.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Swapped Scoots (my Burgman 2011 with his Majesty - froget medel, but recent model) with friend on a ride in NC for about 30 miles on a curvy road.

Majesty is OK, but Burgman is better (my opinion).

Majesty is a bit more cramped, seem to sit ON IT vs IN IT (does that make sense?, guess saying just seem to sit higher on it). I don't think it had the perfromance (power) of Burgman either.

That said, I would buy one if cheap enough as it would get my rides done.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Maybe one day you and a friend w/ a Burg 400 should trade bikes on a day ride. You won't believe how amazing the 400 Burgman is unless you ride it over all types of roads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts