Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my 400 up Sat and I’ve got 200 miles on it already. I’ve noticed a really rough vibration from 3000 rpm to about 4200 rpm. 3000 is where the clutch starts to engage. I’m wondering if I have a clutch problem, it’s an inherent feature of a large single cylinder machine, or some other problem. Has anyone else seen this?

Denny

·
Registered
605 Posts
Vibration??

Uhm,

I picked up my 400 on Saturday as well and have about 50 miles on it and any vibration that I notice appears to be quite normal for a big single cylinder engine. I did hear about someone having a vibration problem and it seemed to cure itself when they added a passenger and loaded up the drivetrain. The comment was that the clutch or CVT belt seem to seat itself...problem gone. If in doubt take it to the dealer and since its still under warranty have them check it out. Timothy

·
Registered
746 Posts
I did hear about someone having a vibration problem and it seemed to cure itself when they added a passenger and loaded up the drivetrain. The comment was that the clutch or CVT belt seem to seat itself...problem gone.
That was me …

But it has come back but not as bad, it is 90% better then before @ 4-5,000rpm range this where it was the worst it is all but gone.

But I find below this point it is still no as good as I would expect, the clutch on mine is fully engaged @ 4,500rpm and below this I guess it's ½ on which could be the vibration.

It is a pain in crawling traffic, my clutch start to engage @ 2-2,500rpm and fully locks @ 4,500rpm and crawling through the traffic it’s @ 3-4,000rpm

There is a post @ Yahoo site from naval officer in Japan that had the same vibration and he replaced has belt with aftermarket Kevlar belt and found it fixed vibration (his is a 250EFI like mine)

Greg …

Here is the link to Yahoo Post ...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Suz ... ssage/8731

·
Registered
605 Posts
Replacement Belt for the 400??

If you are referring to replacing the belt for the 400 then as far as I know there is no aftermarket item. There are all kinds of aftermarket belts for the smaller CVT types scooters but when I tried to find one for the 400 burgman from Malossi, one was not available. One for the 250 but not the 400. Timothy

·
Registered
746 Posts
Timothy Ma,

I tried my Australia agent for Malossi belt and was told no listing, even there web page don't show one ?

Do you know the part # ??

Ther is 250 kevlar belt in Japan but to $$ (not Malossi)

Thks Greg ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
taodmj said:
I’ve noticed a really rough vibration from 3000 rpm to about 4200 rpm. 3000 is where the clutch starts to engage. Denny
The same problem for me!
K3, 2004, from 3000 to 4500 rpm, the bike is moving like the motor mount is ripped. From 4500 to 6000 rpm (I do not go forture...), the bike is running fantastic. The problem is that this range of rpm (3000 to 4500) is for the city time, so it makes me creazy! Is it normal? Do you have the same feeling?

Thanks,
Avigdor

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same problem, thank God not the Burgman though.

It is a Chinese made 150cc scooter and everytime i take off from a stop i feel like the engine is going to come down any moment. It shakes the whole bike like it is loose or something.

Been to mechanic a dozen times for other reasons. Haven't advised on anything to fix it. I am starting to think he's ripping me off that ******* :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
vibration on 05 Burgman 400

My husband and I test rode an 05 Burgman 400. We were surprised at the vibration from the motor under 3000 rpms. We have a Honda Helix and it is as smooth as silk.

Is this vibration normal?

We are very interested in this bike because the price is right but don't want to buy something that is not quite running right. It only has 2000 miles and has had a 2nd oil change and a 2nd valve adjustment. The owner said the bike felt normal to him.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Previously I wrote about this vibration, it was cured when I installed aftermarket transmission parts (variator/rollers/clutch/belt) from Polini.

It's much smoother now from a stop... I suspect the variator/clutch got something to do with it... something like not fully engaging and remaining in a 'half-clutch' position.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts