Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the Chrome Luggage Rack (part # 46300-14861) will fit the 2003 AN400 Burgman?

I've seen it advertised as both a 2004 part and a non-specific year part.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Yep...it fits. Pop the backrest cushion off...has fingers that plug into rubber grommets...& you'll see the plate that it bolts onto. The plastic cover plates on the back of the backrest are replaced with new ones with holes that come with the carrier. My dealer installed my carrier for me, & when I accidently popped the backrest cushion off I could see the carrier rack mounting bolts. :D

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I also installed a Luggage Rack even without a top it is a very useful addition. :)
I found a small (will hold a full face) removable top box, install the base, and just put the box on when I need it .
Amazing how many odd shaped items you can "bungee" to that carrier. :D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
rtgood, I do not know of any luggage racks that are available. Since there are so few 400"S"s, I would be surprised if someone will be producing one.

I spoke with a GIVI rep at Honda Hoot last month about a GIVI trunk mount. He said they have a part number for the mount but the mount is not being shipped yet. That may be your best opportunity to get a rack someday.

·
Registered
572 Posts
rtgood said:
We just got a 400 S yesterday do you know if we can put a luggage rack on this one and maybe add a truck. with out covering up the light in the spolier?
It's not available in North America.... yet. Suzuki makes one that fits the spoiler but it's only available in Japan.

Check out the this page for a direct link to the Suzuki Japan Accessories:

http://www.istargazer.ca/suzuki/burgman_Type_S.htm

and you'll see a picture of the luggage rack.

I contacted a local shop that imports stuff for scooters, but Suzuki won't allow him to order items for resale. Unless something else pans out, I have a family member who will be visiting Japan in the fall and I'm going to ask them to bring back a few things for me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
we got a givi rack the other day in the mail for 400 sport. Go onto sportours.com web site and give them a call. They how have the racks in for the 400 S (2005) we got ours installed the other and trunk is ordered.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Randy,

I also ordered the Chrome Luggage Rack from Suzuki after reading about your article .

I wonder what kind of 'small (will hold a full face) removable top box' you got.

Did you get a Givi monolock case? And where did you find it (and any pics we can see)?

Or does anyonce else attach a top case on the luggage rack, and have some pics available?

Thanks! :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts