Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock horn. It works. Neither the owners or service manual gives a location - where is it mounted? :?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Norman, its up front...but I suspect you knew that much. I remember seeing mine when I was messing with the signal changing device but can't recall where. Just tear all your front plastic off...you're good at that anyway! :lol: And then tell the rest of us how to put on a louder horn and do the wiring.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
ted clement said:
Just tear all your front plastic off...you're good at that anyway! :lol: And then tell the rest of us how to put on a louder horn and do the wiring.
Well, this prompted me to go to the Gallery and look at Normans picture of his naked Burger. There is something on the left (far) side, just a bit below the dash, which might be the horn. It is a backside view, so I'm not sure.

Norman, you should have taken pics of that thing from all sides & angles while you had the plastic off! Hindsight. Ain't it great!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pauljo said:
ted clement said:
Just tear all your front plastic off...you're good at that anyway! :lol: And then tell the rest of us how to put on a louder horn and do the wiring.
Well, this prompted me to go to the Gallery and look at Normans picture of his naked Burger. There is something on the left (far) side, just a bit below the dash, which might be the horn. It is a backside view, so I'm not sure.

Norman, you should have taken pics of that thing from all sides & angles while you had the plastic off! Hindsight. Ain't it great!
Hey you Guys!!

I knew I was going to be in a heap of trouble come the time I ask a question! :D :D :D

Another member had asked me off line and I did not know the answer. So like a lamb to the slaughter I raised my head above the parapet and well -you guys are just great (if not predictable :wink: ) - but I deserve it! :)

Before I posted it I went through the hundreds of images I have in hi-res format that I have not processed for the gallery. Opening up likely ones in Adobe photoshop, adjusting brightness and zooming in just off complete pixelation searching for that freakin horn! No joy. Hence the post.

Paul - thanks for the clue I have examined that area (digitally) in great detail; on the nearside in the location you mention is the ignition switch with the voltage regulator beneath, on the farside it is just the cooling system expansion tank.

I tell you something though, if I did not have a job interview tomorrow morning I would be out there stripping that tupperware off right now! :twisted: :twisted: :D :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mupp said:
Norm - on the same subject of your stripped Burg, the tank looks so shiny? Are they steel, alloy, or plastic?
Dave

It deffo ain't plastic and I think it is steel - but I did not test! I would think from production eng's point of view they would have likely stuck with steel.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bleeder said:
Good luck with the interview china.

Peace.
Cheers m8! :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Norman,

Did you ever locate the horn? There are 4 horizontal slits in the tupperware in front of where the right foot rests. It's the horn right there?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
billmeek said:
There are 4 horizontal slits in the tupperware in front of where the right foot rests. It's the horn right there?
Bill,

The 650 has those same 4 slits. Only on the right side. Got into a discussion with someone at Scootercade about that (Magyver I think). We were wondering what they were for. Never thought of sound outlet for horn... but you might be on to something. They aren't strategically placed for cooling anything as far as we could determine...

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Just went outside, got on my hands and knees (ouch! big mistake), and looked with a flashlight. Sure looks like the horn in there to me. :cyclops:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bill

I also had a response form the Yahoo forum:

Julian Bond responded in the forum as follows:

'Looking from the front at the headlight, half way down on the left behind the slots in the upper bodywork. Just to the left of the fork clamp. See pg 6-8 of the manual. That's on the AN400X and Y. On the K2,3,4 it may well be somewhere else but I bet it's in the same place.'
So you were correct. With reference to the above your manual may be paged differently but it is shown in the Chassis chapter and the page is titled 'Front Leg Shield/Lower Leg Shield', not that it actually shows the horn, but the picture accompanies Julian's description.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
So now I know where to go when time comes to replace the weak sounding bugger. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Horn

So work on that area and get a couple of wires out to the front and, if I can work out the tupperware removal, there looks like a place up inside the front of the faring next to the rad, if nothing else it will take another horn, but twin FAMMs look out of the question. Now my dream is a couple of air horn trumpets out of the front of the faring, that should wake up the morning cagers. Dream on.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Horn

phil thunder said:
So work on that area and get a couple of wires out to the front and, if I can work out the tupperware removal, there looks like a place up inside the front of the faring next to the rad, if nothing else it will take another horn, but twin FAMMs look out of the question. Now my dream is a couple of air horn trumpets out of the front of the faring, that should wake up the morning cagers. Dream on.
Hey Phil

Have you not got a service manual yet?

There is a fair bit to whip off to get the panel of interest out.

a. Front Leg shield cover (bit below windscreen 4 screws).
b. Front Mats.
c. Windscreen.
d.Disconnect the front combination light connector.
e. Front Leg Shield (bit with the lights in- About 12 screws (ish) and four plastic fasteners. Some of the screws beneath the rubber mat you removed!)
f. Lower Leg Shield ( The panel with the rad slots - 8 screws (ish) 4 or 2 plastic fasteners - depending on model).

If my memory serves me correctly - and it usually does not :wink: - I think you could probably squeeze some horns at the left hand side of the rad (as you stand in front of the bike looking at the rad). The other side has all the coolant pipes. You may with a bit of juggling get two 'airs' mounted - counterposed vertically.

We await your installation report with interest - now cut away sharply and make your dream a reality - Sunday evening will do fine. :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Horns

Im working on the manual, looks like I will need a day to play and probably another to find a mounting point for the horns, this weekend is fully booked so it will have to wait, pity as I could have used them on a dozy cager this morning who gave me the finger. I must have been in a good mood as I would normally have tried to snap them off! I turned the other cheak, my girlfriend must be having more influence than I thought!
Ah for the sweet life.
I did fit the Givi screen and muffs this weekend, the screen I cut down so it has a flat top and it worked better than the last one I broke, cagers mirror. That one I cut so it had the same outline but with 6 inches lower. This one I cut less in the middle and more on the ouside edge. Well its a dam sight warmer behind it and the muffs are really cosy just dont look at them, they look like something from my Grandma, God rest her. Lets hope we are spared this winter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts