·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Come on, gents -- confess who did that? :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I LIKE it! (Except for the spikes on the fork tubes...it looks like they would really reduce the potential lean.) where did that top box and backrest come from?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed on the spikes, also the handlebar balancers, and the pillion backrest is a bit too much. For the rest pretty good job, top box likely comes from some GW or Cruiser family.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I don't know... It just looks wrong to me. It's a scooter and no amount of farkels are going to make it a cool HD. Looks like its pretending to be something its not, like its ashamed of being what it is.

I say be proud to be a scooter owner and don't pose as something else. Make your own style cool. IMHO.

·
Registered
704 Posts
To each his own....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
To each his own....
Yup, I was just going to say "Whatever floats your boat." Not my style but I came to the Burgman via a V-Strom that sees a bath twice a year. I have had my Burgman a year now and it has had one bath and it is black under the road dirt. I expect many of you would be shocked by my bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's the guys scooter. He can do what he wants with it. Looks pretty cool, some things I like some I don't. But again do what you want. Some people used to tee me off when I would buy Triumph and turn it into a chopper. Into something it wasn't... really! **** who knows, I may put a set of ape hangers on my scoot....:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I like it... He made it his own, he truly owns it.... He has all the glitz and glamour he wanted to put on it. It is nicely detailed right down to the spikes on the fork tubes. It isn't anything it shouldn't be because it exists... It is exactly what it should be to set it apart from every other Burgman AN400... I say well done all the way around. His co-rider will be comfortable, plenty of storage, cup holders and all it needs is a cross country destination. It's ready to rock and roll.......

WELL DONE, to who owns it.. And what ever motivated your build, we all could use a little of that...

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agree with Roger -- the man does have some taste and this is a well done project in general.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Waiting for the screw caps to come in so I'm not quite finished with it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Very impressive I can't imagine the work that went into this, very creative and original thinking!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The more I look at that bike - the better I like it. The OP's picture is of a very personalized bike. Mine isn't like it at all, but I do appreciate what the owner did. It is very obvious to me that he loves his bike. But I love my bike too as I suspect most of us do. I think most of us do things to our bikes to make them our own.

Doug from Kentucky

1 - 19 of 19 Posts