Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 400 dies when I open the throttle. Will run if I give just a very slight turn of the throttle, no more than a quarter turn. Any idea how to fix? This is an intermittent problem. Some days I can ride with no problems.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My throttle body went out last year. It was proceeded by a month or two of "FI" fuel injection warnings and intermittent throttle response. I found a replacement part for $76 and dealer installed for $200 including diagnosis. Sounds like you might be headed down the same path.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Check the Choke! on the throttle Body sometimes it can Clog up,

Valve, Isc and Sensor, Map

Another Could be the Fuel Injector not feeding enough Gas at that Point of the Throttled Position,

If there are no Warnings that Liamjs, said then it's not an "FI" problem

Check for Loose Connectors for Connectors fail on the Contact Points Often..

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Check the connection to the water temp sender.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
The first thing I would check is the throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks. After reading the replies, I think this might be a couple of two items to look at...loose connection and the battery. I replaced the battery a few months back with a cheap one. Before replacing the battery, the scooter took a big fall after hitting a moving object. Loose connection is highly likely and with a cheap battery it is adding to the problem. I will attack these two issues and repost the results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts