Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

My wife's high beam burned out on the left side with only 4000 miles on a 2005 Burgy 400. I read at the Burgmanusa.com forum about owners changing over to the H4/9003 60/55w standard bulb instead of Suzuki's 35/35w bulb. Suzuki's replacement bulb is $68.00 and the standard auto bulb from Wal-Mart or an auto parts store is about 6 or 7 dollars. I bought the Sylvania Xtra Vision 9003 bulbs at Wal-Mart for $17 for the pair. I assumed that after I changed the one bulb, it would be so much brighter than the other one. It simply isn't. The Sylvania looks almost identical to the stock bulb when lit. If you changed over to the SilverStar bulbs, you would probably see a difference.

The actual bulb changing proceedure takes about 2 minutes and can be done without removing any body panels. The only catch (and it is a very minor one) is there are 2 little tabs that have to be bent down flat on the front of the new H4/9003 bulb. There are pictures posted by Nake from the burgmanusa.com group that show which tabs are to be bent flat with a pair of plyers. It is not recommended to touch the glass part of the new bulb with your fingers because the oil from your fingers can shorten the life of the bulb.

Look here for the pictures to see how easy the bulb replacement is:

http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Nakes-Bur ... ylvaniaH4/

Hope this helps many of you. A special thanks to Nake for providing the relevent pics that made changing the bulbs so easy. He's the man!

Jeff in Pittsburgh

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
jeffjeff1959, I did just about the same as you, except I went with the normal H4 60/55.
Two points.
1 - the H4 60/55 is much brighter then the OEM
2- The H4 went out after 3 months, the replacement is an anti vibration type H4, still working a year latter. so if your bulbs go out soon you know why. 8)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randy,

We've stared into the front lights many times since the switch over. The new bulb I installed is only SLIGHTLY brighter than the original. Neighbors, friends, everyone who sees them says the same thing. Only slightly brighter. I still have not had to change out the original bulb as they are so similar in brightness.

You also mentioned an anti-vibration H4 bulb, but didn't mention a brand or give a link. Any more info there?

Thanks,

Jeff in Pittsburgh

·
Registered
235 Posts
Glad you found my gallery useful, I can't take credit for the technique, I think someone else here noted the tab fold-down thing first in an earlier thread, I just took pictures of it to make it clear to everyone.

LOVE my Silverstar bulbs! So far no issues, and they're BRIGHT!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts