1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It should just slide of it's mounting without the need for any real force, clearly you know that. But if yours is not doing that then it means a caliper piston (or pistons) is sticking. It may be the handbrake cable is not fully releasing and partially stopping a piston from fully retracting. They do sometimes need some lube. But just as likely is the fact the caliper probably needs a good cleaning and the pistons popping out to decrud them. Lube them before putting them back with some nice clean brake fluid. It's my guess that's all you need to do.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK! Thanks QM, I plan to do my Brakes Today!! front and back, I will have a look at the Parts..

Elliott,

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You might also want to try pushing in the Pistons a bit with a flat screwdriver. They might be a little sticky and not giving you the clearance you need to get them off. But definitely check the parking brake as well, like Quantum suggested.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might also want to try pushing in the Pistons a bit with a flat screwdriver. They might be a little sticky and not giving you the clearance you need to get them off. But definitely check the parking brake as well, like Quantum suggested.
Liamjs, QM,

I know these brakes don't have Torque Adjust on them but I did the brakes Today!! and the rear does not have Much Torque in them when i press the brake lever!! should i Drain the Fluid Or Bleed them to get them Stiffer!!

Thanks.

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hello Elliot, yep if the brakes lever feels a bit slack, spongy, or has lots of travel then there could be air in the system. This is assuming the pads are ok. If the fluid in the brakes has not been changed in the last two years, I'd recommend changing it. Easy job as you prolly know. It makes a **** of a difference. You'll note how dirty it can be. Mine was very dirty when I changed it out at the first brake fluid change interval at 2 years. I used a cheap bleed valve kit from my local store to do the job and some new Castrol mineral dot4 fluid as per the original stuff installed by the factory. I was surprised Suzuki didn't use synthetic but my dealer told me no, it's mineral they still use. So that's what I put in. In truth it doesn't matter too much as long as you make sure you get all the old stuff out by bleeding and bleeding and bleeding. The mineral and synthetic don't mix so that's important.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts