Look under GENERAL DISCUSSION section of this forum under the
heading of "NEW DEALOR COMES TO RESCUE." Bill's 400 had a
tragedy and you need to read ALL the pages and Suzukis' response
to it. Either a manufacturer stands TALL, or it will be brought down
by it's own actions (or inactions).

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
That response just got better. The dealer got a call back from Suzuki corporate to go ahead with the repairs under warranty. If I didn't have a great dealer handling the repair, it might have been a dofferent story or I might have had to go threw a lot more garbage myself.

But the lesson learned, check you oil before every ride .... just to cover thy butt.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blll, the way you conducted yourself throughout this ordeal has to
be commended. I know I would not have been the example you
have been. Somehow my nature is to go for the throat and ease up
as earned. My hat is off to you.

Mike

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
88 Posts
bill, i sent a message to the dealer also, we all certainly need to support and encourage any stand up dealers ,maybe others will learn from his example

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I hope they treat me as well on a sale of a new bike as they have on the warranty work. I'm certainly going to them when it's time to get another bike.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I also emailed them to tell them how impressed I was with their handling of your issues. Congrats on an "all's well that ends well" story.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'm sure they appreciated the email hrdillender. They did the last service on the 400 and when I cracked the plastic floor pan, I ordered it thru them even tho I might have been able to save a few bucks buying it off the web. Keeping a good relationship with them is more important than saving a few dollars here and there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts