Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference please if anyone can help?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
View attachment 37929

As you can see from the picture, AN400 is the actual model number given by Suzuki for the Burgman 400. ABS just means an AN400 with the anti-lock brake system.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
When I was in the market for a Burgman 400 a couple of years ago, I was looking at an
AN 08 with 8300 miles for $2400...The ABS 400's were 2011 models and later and I would have to have spent $2500---$3000 more for essentially the same bike only with ABS added.
I coudn't justify spending all the extra $$ just to have ABS breaks...but thats just me

·
Registered
345 Posts
You'd also be getting a scooter that's 3 years NEWER in parts, tires, seat foam, brakes and less wear and tear too....not just ABS.

·
Registered
828 Posts
You'd also be getting a scooter that's 3 years NEWER in parts, tires, seat foam, brakes and less wear and tear too....not just ABS.
Depending on the mileage i think.
I heard of someone who putted 40,000+ miles on a brand new GL-1800 traveling from Kuwait to Europe and back to Kuwait in three months.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all. I knew what ABS stood for but wasn't sure about the AN.

·
Registered
96 Posts
An 08 with only 8300 miles doesn't sound like it's worn and torn at all. $2400 looks more than fair for no ABS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Burgman 400 ABS is striking in style and flowing with comfort. Powered by a 400cc liquid-cooled engine, the Burgman 400 ABS is a blast to ride around town. With plush suspension, stepped seating, and an adjustable backrest, each ride is as comfortable as the last. Whether you’re transporting lunch to the country-side or picking up some groceries, the huge underseat compartment has got you covered. Each scooter utilizes Suzuki's advanced fuel injection system to ensure a crisp throttle response. Simply put, the Burgman 400 ABS is the ultimate scooter for style and performance.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
True that! I had to replace the rear tire $100...new front brake pads...$15...and an oil change...that was about it. Still couldn't justify speding $3,000 more for a bike that had ABS.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't know if I'd pay anything extra for ABS? I've been just fine with other bikes for 35 years. Maybe a wet road panic stop would change my mind? I hope I never find out, but I guess it only takes once.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Didn't take wet pavement in my case. Front wheel lock-up on dry pavement resulting in a low-side and nasty knee gash when a cage pulled out in front of me. Promptly traded my '07 for an '11 ABS. The brakes on the 400 are overpowered for the weight of the vehicle, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Just later models. Not sure what date exactly the abs came in but 2010 (late) comes to mind. My 2012 has it.

ps. that's in 'urop'.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
In The UK, ABS was first available on the the "ZA" limited editions like mine which were tricked out with all the factory goodies (sometimes called the exec.)
I think they imported 40 in 2008, up to 60 in 2010 - so fairly rare

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
ABS is worth the money if it ever saves you from a crash 1 time.
I totally agree. No doubt, ABS saved me from a nasty collision, or at least from going down on my 04 BMW R1150RT. I wouldn't consider buying any touring bike or scooter without ABS!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts