Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only did we recently hit 60,000 posts but today a record 40 of us were online at the same time. It must be too hot for lots of people to be out scooting. I however missed the party--was here early this morning and again now but had the smoker going doing a weeks worth of Bar-B-Que smoked meat. Thank goodness it only had to be attended a couple times in 5 hours. So let's paint the deck in this heatwave, and water the flowers and trees, and keep the two furry dogs cool in the AC. It's getting towards 6pm and as the sun gets lower we'll get the scoot out for ice cream and a good ride in spite of the heat. It hit 98 deg F in the shade here today. When will this drought and heatwave retreat?
Is the rest of the USA as hot and dry as the greater midwest?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hot...not dry.

40 members online at once and 60,000 posts, WOW! Don't know if I was one of them. I've been on several times today.

We are hot but not dry! Humidity is 100% and it's 90 in the shade. Kids and hubby are in the pool while I'm making Tacos...

At least the house is cool.

Enjoy the ice cream...maybe we'll have to go after dinner. Mmmmm...

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
It has been very hot and humid in Omaha for a few days now. Temps around 100° F, heat index higher. My central air in the house is struggling to keep up. Best it could hold the line at was 80° yesterday and today. It barely gets below 80 outside during the night. The air conditioning unit hasn't cycled off for days.

I did go out for a ride this morning when the temp was in the low 90's. Had to. Hadn't ridden for a couple of days. But I held it to about a 30 mile ride. Better than nothing. Much better. :wink:

We are supposed to get some relief from the heat on Tuesday.

Two things.

1. I am not going to like my electric bill this month. :cry:

2. I sure hope it isn't like this when it is time for Scootercade!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If I did not ride till the temp. was below 90, I would never ride !!
Today was a good day no sun, lots of clouds and only 96. :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Ice cream...

Alan,

Just got back from a family outing to the ice cream parlor! Really hit the spot. Hope your weather breaks soon.

Dee

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sand storm

yea and I read in the local paper that Florida is going to get part of a sand storm coming across from Africa early this week. Now that's different.

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Heat index of 110 on Sunday. I got to cook sweet corn for a city picnic outside, over a 30 gal boiling pot. No I did not ride, I took the Car with A/C for the return trip home. Yea, it was fun (hmmm)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Been pretty hot in MPLS the past week or two. Especially this past Saturday evening- it was unbearbly humid. This week looks more promising. I have a mesh jacket on order, should be here on Wednesday. Hopefully will make warmer weather riding more bearable.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
We were out riding. I didn't care what the temp was. I was just thrilled that it didn't rain this weekend.
Got sunburned because I took my jacket off for a few miles. Won't be doing that again.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Temp here yesterday was 96. Heat index was 104. I rode 180 miles total on my 250 :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Thanks JD, I'm too hot & tired to type that much :lol:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Wyldman said:
Thanks JD, I'm too hot & tired to type that much :lol:
Me too. I can't seem to recover from that ride :( Oh well, I'm gonna try to do another 100 or so miles today after work, and it's even hotter today :shock: At least then I can look forward to a good night's sleep :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts