Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not really sure where to begin with this. I am still very pissed off. About 3 hours ago I got off the most insulting phone call of my life.

On April 13th I ordered a backrest from 3Brothers Performance off of their Website. I paid a total of $74.18 with tax via Paypal. The backrest arrived sometime around the 24th of April. I am not sure of the exact day but I do remember that I called them to find out if they had shipped it because it seemed to be taking an awful long time to arrive from Pennsylvania.

Installing the backrest involves unbolting the backrest and bolting on their extension plate. As I was bolting it on one of the 4 bolts snapped off. (This will be important later in the story) I was using a handheld folding T-wrench that I keep on my motorcycle and bought at Cycle Gear. It is not a big tool so I know that I was not using too much force, just putting on a bolt. I was a little perturbed about the bolt breaking but no big deal since there were still 3 bolts holding it on.

Also in the box was an "O" ring and 4 small black plastic caps that cover the exposed bolt heads. The O ring is something extra that they give you as a gift. It is supposed to be some type of cruise control. I don't have the stock bar ends so it didn't do me any good. Just an extra piece of junk that they throw in with purchase. It was of no use to me so I tossed it in one of the Burgman glove boxes and forgot all about it. (This will also be important later)

I tried the backrest for a few days and just could not get comfortable as I was being forced too close to the dash. I decided to return it and try out the Mega Legroom version that they were coming out with. Before my purchase I asked a question about their products via email and was told about the mega legroom version but that at my height the regular should be fine. I was also told that I could return it at anytime and try the other one.

I didn't have a box so I went to Walgreen's and bought a padded shipping envelope to return it in. To keep the envelope from ripping or tearing I used some painters tape to tape some folded paper towels over the exposed bolts. (This will also be important later) I mailed this back to them with a note asking to switch out for the mega legroom version via priority mail for a little over $9. This was on April 29th.

To be continued...

·
Registered
765 Posts
I know how this story ends. Not well. Been there done that. My story VERY similar to your experience. Joe, from 3bros., is an absolute ignoramus. Condescending paranoid moron. He questioned my integrity and said I was taking advantage of people by "returning stuff I didn't want". I told the mental midget that I was simply abiding by HIS return policy. Wish I had got mine from eBay so, I could have blistered him with feedback. As it was I only got about half my money back.... Never ever again.
Sirkitrider

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On May 26th I received the Mega Legroom version. During this month I called twice to find out what was taking so long. The 1st time I was told that it had shipped out that morning. The 2nd time I called I was told that it was in paint and when I said you told me last week that it had been shipped he said "No, I didn't tell you that"

Anyway, I had it after a month even though in an email he told me I could trade in at any time and would have the other one within a week. Also, there was another O ring in the box. Again, I just tossed it in the glove box as it was nothing of importance.

(Those emails will be included later)

I tried out this version for a couple hour ride. On my way to my destination I rode without a backrest and on the way back home I rode with it in. I just could not get comfortable as the angle was just not quite right. I decided to return it for a refund and try to figure out something without using a backrest.

This time I still had the box that it came in so I mailed it back vial Priority Mail with a note inside asking for a refund. They received the package back on June 4th.

to be continued...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is where it really starts to get weird.

I called them tonight to inquire about my Paypal refund. June 9th, five days after they received it back.

I was asked my name and then told that I was a thief and had stolen from them. What?

He told me that I had gotten two backrest from them and then broken the 1st one and tried to hide it with paper towels and tape. That both times I had not returned the "O" rings and that I had stolen them. Also that I had not returned the black plastic snap on bolt head covers. He then told me that I would hear from him in a couple days to let me know my options and that he could not even stand to talk to me since I was a thief. He then hung up.

I was in shock. What the **** has just happened? At this point I was pissed. I went out to the Burgman and found both of the "O" rings. They were still in the glove box where I had tossed them. I decided to mail them back to him. I could not find an envelope, so off to Walgreens to buy some.

While I am in Walgreens he calls back.

He has an itemized list of all the money that I cost him.

2 shipping charges
A broken backrest that he resold and then had to refund the money on.
(His explanation of this was very fishy)
The cost of the "0"rings

Anyway he figured that out of my $69 purchase price he only owed me about $8. That I had cost him $61 instead of his normal $15 profit.

He told me that I was a liar and that I had broken the 1st backrest and tried to hide it with paper towels. He then resold the returned backrest as a used one until the customer complained about one of the bolts being broken. I told him that I put paper towels over the exposed bolts to keep the envelope from tearing and that if he sold a returned product to a customer without looking at it then he had some horrible quality control.

I asked him if he really mailed it off to a customer with a paper towel covering the bolts held on with painters tape. He said no and then his story got all fishy.

He also said that these were #5 automotive bolts and that I was lying if I expected him be believe that I broke it with a hand tool. I had obviously done something to it on purpose and then tried to hide it with paper towels.:confused:

He then started going on about the fact that I had stolen his "O" rings. for some reason he is obsessed with these freakin' "O" rings. I told him that I didn't order these O rings or want/need them. To me they were just an extra piece of junk that he put in the box as a gift. I had literally paid them no attention and tossed them off to the side and forgotten about them.

He again stated that I had stolen the "O" rings from him and that it was no different then if I had gone into a store and stolen 50 cent candy bar. That if you did that you loose the right to shop in that store and I had lost the right to deal with him because I had stolen his "0" rings.

To be continued...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I told him that stealing his 50 cent "O" rings was the dumbest thing that I had ever heard.

So he wanted me to believe that I had paid the $74 purchase price, plus about $3 for the envelope to return the 1st one in. $9 shipping and then $6 shipping for a total of about $92 in order to "Steal" a couple of "O" rings from him. Did he honestly believe that was my plan? I told him if he could convince someone of that crazy story then he must have been one of O.J. Simpson's lawyers years ago.

He rambled on for a couple of more minutes that I should "Man Up" and just admit that I was a thief and then he hung up on me.

So that is how it went down, I may be forgetting some of the insults that he hurled at me because I was in shock at what was going on.

I will attach a few pics below.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Will anyone enlighten please who those 3 Brothers are?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know how this story ends. Not well. Been there done that. My story VERY similar to your experience. Joe, from 3bros., is an absolute ignoramus. Condescending paranoid moron. He questioned my integrity and said I was taking advantage of people by "returning stuff I didn't want". I told the mental midget that I was simply abiding by HIS return policy. Wish I had got mine from eBay so, I could have blistered him with feedback. As it was I only got about half my money back.... Never ever again.
Sirkitrider
How long ago was this? I wish that I had known before I dealt with this guy.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If they would have had 10 different backrests available, would you have returned a half dozen more? New items, pulled from stock, so basically you could just test them out;) Testers like you are the headache of the retail industry and why so many are going out of business.

Order an exhaust from them and then return it because it's 2 decibles to loud or not loud enough---send it back, get another new one and then send it back---to be put back in stock unless you scratched it.

Retailors make in most instances little money per sale anyway and with the extra customer time that returns take and the shipping, it's a wonder that they don't go out of business.

I'm not unsympathetic to your situation but imagine a hundred like you per month and it could turn any good person into a lunatic.

Sam:D

·
Registered
154 Posts
The inclusion of the O rings was not accidental or necessarily intended as a free gift (like say stickers or a catalog). Those little O rings are the means by which 3Brothers can claim that you didn't return the order in it's entirety. 3Brothers banks on the fact that most customers will just chuck those O rings in the garbage. If a customer has a return and 3Brothers is feeling in a snit, they can just claim that you shorted them...that you didn't return the entire order.

Whilst that is rather unscrupulous, it's just business as usual to them.

late,
Coz

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
If they would have had 10 different backrests available, would you have returned a half dozen more? New items, pulled from stock, so basically you could just test them out;) Testers like you are the headache of the retail industry and why so many are going out of business.

Order an exhaust from them and then return it because it's 2 decibles to loud or not loud enough---send it back, get another new one and then send it back---to be put back in stock unless you scratched it.

Retailors make in most instances little money per sale anyway and with the extra customer time that returns take and the shipping, it's a wonder that they don't go out of business.

I'm not unsympathetic to your situation but imagine a hundred like you per month and it could turn any good person into a lunatic.

Sam:D
Are you nuts?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
The issues of dealing with this vendor come up
every couple of years as new people come into
this website.
The result always seems too be the same.

·
Registered
765 Posts
How long ago was this? I wish that I had known before I dealt with this guy.
About this time last year? Same deal with o-ring. I had inadverntly left the thing out of return package. And he sent "aircraft" grade nuts with the backrest which stripped my threads on butt bumper. Ruined that butt bumper, thankfully I had a spare. Pretty much the same insults plus his rants about his farming and helping others. Yada yada. This guy, Joe, IMHO has some serious mental health issues and should not be dealing with the general public in any way. One day somebody in his neck of the woods will look him up and punch in in the face!:boxing:

sirkitrider

1 - 20 of 50 Posts