Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there,

I don't even have the scooter yet but was wondering if there is anyone out there who wants to plan a day trip? Maybe get a group going? I'm afraid this is one of those closed minded " What do you call that thing" areas... Alas.. I'll just have to enjoy these adventures alond..... Tom

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Tom,
Of course my name is Tom also so this may get confusing... I was also contacted by another person with a B-650 who is willing to get together. Some people like to keep things simple so I will not assume he wants to ride as a group of three but I'll ask.
BTW.. I picked up a new blue B-400 today and have about 55 miles on it. So far so good. Not as nice as the 2000 goldwing I had, ( of course). I only compare it to this because that was my last riding experienced and it is funny how I'm a little disoriented, NOT shifting or controllling the extra weight of the GW
. But is is very nice. It started out alittle rough in the engine.... at idle and low speeds.. but has already imporved. It really is a cool way to get around. I had a helix so it reminds me of that experience but MUCH improved. Front and back disc brakes.. a real front fork, BETTER suspension overall. More power ETc ETC..... Honda is going to lose their shirt in the scooter market if they don't drop thier 20th centry stuff and get into the 21st.
One thing I don't like ( or should I say it is taking some getting use to ) is the mirrors on the handle bars. I'm not use to their veiw being relative to the wheel position but to the bodies position. I feel I have to crank my head around to see behind me because the mirrors might be showing what is beside me more than behind..
Any way.. My intent was to reply to your emial TClark and say.. lets do get together soon I'm some what limited to my speed now it is breaking in. I hope to have that limitation out of the way in the next few weeks.. I'll email the other gentleman and see if he wants to join us some time too.. Thanks for the reply.. and what size Burgman do you have? Will I be the only slow-pok'in 400 there??

·
Registered
24 Posts
30 min from detroit

Hi Tom, Tom here, I've got a 400 also don't worry once broken in it will go fast enough, I go back and forth to work on 275 going along at 75 give or take a little. Tom

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: 30 min from detroit

tclark said:
Hi Tom, Tom here, I've got a 400 also don't worry once broken in it will go fast enough, I go back and forth to work on 275 going along at 75 give or take a little. Tom
This is just too confusing! One of you guys needs to change your name... :roll:

I'm kidding of course, but it is pretty funny.

·
Registered
111 Posts
say i just got the 650 and i'm in muskegon. would like to have a ride with the rest of you guys. lets do it before it gets to cold.

·
Registered
25 Posts
off the subject kinda

This is more for corvairbob than leaderdog,

I'm from Ferrysburg MI. and work in Muskegon at G.D. on the hill.
I have a 650 blueburg. If it ever stops raining, I love to ride my machine to work. I usually take Old Grand Haven Rd. up to Getty St. I don't care to ride the highway that early in the morning. (TOO COLD). I'd love to hear from you, and I might be interested in a ride with leaderdog and his buddies. Maybe we could meet in the middle around Lansing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts