Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
... And Steve YYZ, thank you for your comments as well!! Soaring is something I initially never had interest in. Why one earth would anyone fly.. without an engine! Lol.. :). However, in time, I’ve become somewhat fascinated by it and if the opportunity ever came up to do it, I would indeed jump at it!

At 62 years old and in mostly/relatively good shape sans a few extra pounds, I wanted to experience the 2 wheel life. My previous two wheel experience was on a 49cc I had while living in Florida and I really did enjoy it, but at only 35 mph, it never quite satisfied me. Life happened, never rode it again and now all these years later, I have the itch to try it again. Saw a Burgman 650 Exec pull up next to me at a stop lite here in Vegas Where I live and I just loved the look of it... as a smaller touring bike and thought, “I could handle that”. So have been really dabbling in this forum just perusing for information. I still have a ton of questions I’ll be asking as well....

Pat

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
what branch of service and what aircraft, just out of curiosity
Mikey....

US Air Force KC-135 Aircraft Commander and then Airlines for 31 years. American Airlines for 20, Emirates Airline in Dubai for 7.5, Turkish Airlines in Istanbul for 2 and finally ended up back home 3 years ago to finish up at Southwest Airlines and due to Covid, they offered us an early retirement plan which I coulnd’t say no to at age 62 (vs 65). Keep all my travel bennies, insurance and 6 figure a year salary... for not coming to work!! Where do I sign up for that. Lol. I’m just into my first month of retirement which... is a big reason I’m looking to get back into the 650 mode again... and thus perusing the forum here.

Pat

·
Administrator
18,919 Posts
I know for a fact that a proper designed three wheel Tadpole Trike in the hands of an average driver will out corner almost any 'Average' street rider on two wheels.

Now, using a Honda 1200 Goldwing engine mounted in the rear backwards with the drive shaft pointing forward, and a flipped over Subaru or Nissin rear differential mounted up front with CV shafts out to drive the two front wheels will go like heck in the corners.

This is Peter de Hann's build in Bend OR. It is a patented design. He used a Honda S2000 engine with a HUGE turbo, Mustang 6 speed trans and highly modified Subaru rear diff up front driving the front wheels. Very very fast. About 700 HP when he does not have the BOOST maxed out, then its about 1,000 HP.

4.jpg 2.jpg
1.jpg

·
Administrator
18,919 Posts
Pat, there are two seat gliders out there. Pay for a day and you will not be able to wipe that SHi- eating grin off your face for days. ;)

For big $$$,$$$ you can get a Motor-Glider that has a small gas engine, just in case.

Reactions: Patrick8429

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Thanks Daris... and your comment is much appreciated!
A lot of us Bone Heads here grew up wrecking mini-bikes in the cow pastures when our bones and bruises would heal easily.

The second best feeling in life is when you regain control when you thought you were gonna wreck.

Reactions: Patrick8429

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Dave and everyone.
I still have my Eco Exo and enjoying it even more as I get older. It was the best thing I ever built and have around 17780 miles on it. I feel pretty safe driving it but always vigilant. Dave you should of gotten one when you had a chance as it was the best decision I ever made.:)

·
Administrator
18,919 Posts
Yes you are 1,000% correct Edward.
Jimmy may still have his unfinished kit for sale. He is outside of Houston Texas.

I have almost gotten all my medical bills paid off from my 2015 crash that were not covered by insurance or my military coverage. 2021 is looking a bit better over all.

And for all those reading this, Edwards GORGOUS trike is powered by a Burgman 400, a 2005 if I remember.
Edward is an excellent craftsman in all that he does, no half-arseing around. His full build below but because of PhotoBucket scamming, his pictures are missing for a lot of the build. Pictures start again on page 5.

Edwards right side.jpg

Edwards.jpg

ECO-EXO Engine 1.jpg

21 - 27 of 27 Posts