Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving my Burg 400. It's my first bike/scooter, always been a co-rider on GL1800 Gold Wing, which I love too.

I would like to add some amber lights to the front for night riding. Has anyone done this? What kind did you add? Where did you add them and how did you hook them up.

Any subjection about a CB radio for the Burg. Got to be able to communicate with Hubby and Gold Wing friends.

Any other subjection on finding accessories for the Burg 400? Would love to add to chrome to it. As us Gold Wing call it Safety Chrome.

:) Ride safe and have fun,

Ruthie

·
Registered
925 Posts
Ruthie,
Welcome to the group!! Glad to hear how much you enjoy the 400. :D

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Ruthie,

Welcome! I know we have one gal in Texas that rides a 650 with her husband who has a Goldwing (and rides with a Goldwing group). I know she did hook up communications. I can't imagine that it would be all that different doing it on a 400.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the replies.

Yes, I'm over the 600 and the 800. We love to ride and all our Gold Wingers do too.

If the Texas girl is out there that ride with her husband and his Gold Wing,
give me a shout.

Happy Easter and hope the bunny is good to each one.

Ruthie

·
Registered
56 Posts
3 weeks owner etc.

Ruthie,

Welcome & Congratulations on your new burgie. I got a new Burgman 400 in April '04 and like you had previously been a a co-rider on a Goldwing so a CB was a necessity to communicate with SO (Significant Other) as well as our GW riding group.

First I used a borrowed hand-held CB that worked well enough (I used it on my first 500+ mile weekend trip.) There really wasn't a good space to mount it on the 400's handlebars though and it had to be taped and so wasn't a good permanent solution.

Next, SO had procured a pre-loved Air Rider automotive CB from a friend and was able to mount it on its side-- inside the glove box (largest storage box under ignition.) It was easily plugged in with an outlet being right there. He then mounted my push-to-talk button on left side of handlebars near mirror (within easy reach.) The antenna is mounted on a license plate bracket. The sound quality is much better and staying in touch is at my fingertips!

Burgwoman400 USA
Michigan

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Ruthie wrote
Any other subjection on finding accessories for the Burg 400? Would love to add to chrome to it. As us Gold Wing call it Safety Chrome

There is a far amount of accessories listed at-
Startup Google-- Type in burgman ---Click on Search Google --
Then click on Froogle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts