Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since getting my Burgman I have hated 3/4 length jackets. The way they would bunch up and create a wind tunnel effect up the jackets in our riding position. I never found one that would work for me and avoided them for years.
Well that all changed yesterday. My good friend and former Burgman owner had a bad scare on his scoot and decided to give up riding for a while. He sold the Burgman and then his gear. I got his almost brand new 3/4 length TourMaster Transitions Jacket dirt cheap. I wore it home and really like it.
What makes it work is the dual front zipper (all 3/4 jackets should have them). You can unzip it up from the bottom to allow it to separate and not to bunch up or restrict you when seated. It is so much more comfortable with no wind tunnel effect either.
I must say that I wish I would have looked at these jackets closer when I first got my scoot but then I would have spent way more $$$ for it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I love the 3/4 length jackets, always have. The short jackets let too much wind in at the waist. I just bought a Tourmaster Jett 3 and love it so much, I bought another on clearance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Scooterino I have the same Tourmaster jacket. It's the Transition 3 version and love it. I've had it for about a year now and use it on my commute rides to work. Best part is that I've used in all seasons and the jacket adapts very well from cold to hot. All those vents do really help in hot weather riding. I did find that the Tourmaster sleeves are a bit snug on my forearms so I had the sleeves cut off my removal liner and turned it into a vest instead. Still works great.
You definitely got a very good jacket there and for best yet for a very good price.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Love. I used the Motoport Ultra 2 jacket for a decade or so.

I guess the bunching never bothered me. There were a couple of fit adjustments (bottom edge draw string and waist Velcro tabs) but no bottom-unzip capability. Did not ride with it much feet-forward though (just a BMW R1200C and a few months on the Burgman), mostly on a FJR1300 and R1200RT.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scooterino I have the same Tourmaster jacket. It's the Transition 3 version and love it. I've had it for about a year now and use it on my commute rides to work. Best part is that I've used in all seasons and the jacket adapts very well from cold to hot. All those vents do really help in hot weather riding. I did find that the Tourmaster sleeves are a bit snug on my forearms so I had the sleeves cut off my removal liner and turned it into a vest instead. Still works great.
You definitely got a very good jacket there and for best yet for a very good price.
I did find that I had to loosen the adjustment straps on the arms all the way with the liner in it. So if you have Popeye forearms this jacket is not for you. :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I fully agree on the Tourmaster Transition 3. So far our local weather has gotten down to about 18F, I use it with an electric liner and gloves and it has continued to perform well. My only complaint is that there is no rain hood built into the collar and, the zipper-pull is chincy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Huh, I checked my old Motoport jacket yesterday and sure enough it DOES have a bottom unzip capability (a second zipper slider that normally stays at the bottom). I just never used it. D'oh!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I have had those moments too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts