Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
16 bikes and 45 years riding shifters, I bought my 1st Burgman this summer. A 2009 650 Standard. Fell in love with it, put on 3K miles and it was totaled parked in a shopping center parking lot. Bought a 2011 650 Executive and have put on 7.5K miles. 10K miles in 4 months. What a ride!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome............... So what did it get backed into or run over? I wouldn't think just knocking it over would total it. :eek:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 08 Burgman 400. I was parked at the library as far away from the building as I could get, in the shade. While I was sitting in the library a security guard came in a told me that someone had just back into my bike and knocked it over. Fortunatley the guy didn't run off. He was backing his suv into the same spot I was already in and apparently didn't see it sitting there.
The insurance company totaled the bike with cosmetic damage only. That was five years ago. I bought the bike back from the insurance company and now have 61,750 miles on it.
She's not as pretty as she use to be but she still gets me around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2013 Burg Exec, and have caught people trying to move it so they can get parking spots. I had one guy move the bike to a handicap spot and the police saw him. Charged him with theft over $2K, and stayed with the bike until I came out so I would not get a ticket. Now I lock the steering up and the brakes.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The last thing I would ever expect to happen to my scooter is for someone to move it. But then USA does have a love of and right to own firearms. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts