Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!
Where do I start :(
Bought a burgman 250 2001 with only 4000 miles 2 months ago.
When riding home from the purchase it overheated and then seized.
Ended up getting a second hand engine that had an electrical fault with the bike apparently - but it didnt have the head. So used the existing head and replaced the valves as they were bent! - valves were not cheap?!!:eek:
So fitted ever
ything and used the magneto (see below) from the original one, put the bike together and it starts and rides but after approximately 15mins it cuts out and its close to overheating, not in the red but nearly.
Any help would be most appreciated! thanks guys

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Don't know much about the 250 as they don't sell them over here but the first thing I can think of is that you might have air trapped in the cooling system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know much about the 250 as they don't sell them over here but the first thing I can think of is that you might have air trapped in the cooling system.
Yeah I'm thinking this but why would it cut out? any tips on how to bleed the water?

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Like I mentioned I've never seen a 250. On my 400 there is a bleed screw that you open to let air out. I assume the 250 would have something similar.

If the 250 has an electronic control computer it might be set up to shut down when the temperature gets above a certain point. Past that no idea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thanks i've seen a couple of videos.I'll try and find the bleed screw and do this thursday

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Not much help here, but a question. Do you have a service manual? If not that is the first thing I would advise before working on any bike. Oh and let me say, welcome to the forum. Good luck I hope you get your scooter fixed soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixed the temperature problem! There was an airlock in the radiator. managed to bleed it by running the engine for several seconds and using the bleed screw on the water pump.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Glad you got it resolved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts