Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
As we go through Springfield, there are some options that might be a reason to diverge. The American Voyager Association is having a rally. AVA 2021 Springfield, MO. I'm not sure what they have to see or learn, but it will be at 3050 N. Kentwood Ave, just a 1/2 mi north of Rt 66 near Glenstone Ave. About 2 mi south is Gene's Gallery motorcycle shop. They usually have a variety of gear and equipment including Tilting Wheel Trike and other types of trike conversions. Either might be interesting for a short stop. I plan to visit the History Museum on the Square, and that could be a regrouping location. As you can see, I'm working on a plan for day three.
For day 3, Old Rt 66 and service roads to Springfield.

I have some plans to visit museums in Springfield. There are several choices, Military, Wildlife, Cars, History, Railroad, but I am going to try to budget my time for 2 hours total. I pasted a map to show relative locations.
Springfield museums.jpg
With breakfast at Back Roads Diner, lunch downtown Springfield at Whiskeys, a couple of tourist stops, and bathroom breaks I estimate about 8 hours, 145 mi.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, been looking at the weather next week for the ride. The weather gods are shining on us for next week. Sunny with upper 80's, going to be nice riding weather.

·
Administrator
21,753 Posts
It was 100F today in St Louis. Too hot for me.

Reactions: Beermebeerme1

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Reactions: Beermebeerme1

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
It was 100F today in St Louis. Too hot for me.
We will be on a lot of backroads that are semi shaded, me thinks. Summer is always brutal in Missouri...that’s why I picked June over July. Even still, it’s going to be warmish.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Liking the Stelter/ weird smile pic. 😳
Just makes you wanna haul off and slap him don’t it ?

I had to change the pic now…The Stelter one just made me to angry.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
He looks like George Castanza and Dunkin Donuts had a love child.
The story just gets funnier …… Toobins back to the Round Table of Jerks…. It’s almost like an ugly but perfect
Fantasy Goofball League.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Worked this morning on getting my stuff all packed for the trip. I know that I will have to much of something and will forget something that I will need. I even went out and cleaned the windshield on the thing. Still have to check the air in the tires, will do tomorrow and then load the stuff on the bike for Tuesday morning.
Did anyone look to see what time the place opens Tuesday morning?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Worked this morning on getting my stuff all packed for the trip. I know that I will have to much of something and will forget something that I will need. I even went out and cleaned the windshield on the thing. Still have to check the air in the tires, will do tomorrow and then load the stuff on the bike for Tuesday morning.
Did anyone look to see what time the place opens Tuesday morning?
It opens at 9. Today, I changed my oil, drive oil, and put on a new belt. Then I gave it good bath. I still have to mount my camera and pack but I’ll do that after word tomorrow.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We had so temps today in the mid 90s, but with the air moving, it was fairly comfortable. We happened on a street fair in downtown Joplin. It was really enjoyable riding with other Burgman riders.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
It was a great trip. I logged just over 850 miles round trip. On day 1 we picked up a silverwing rider for the day. The entire trip was relaxed and uneventful... in a good way. Thanks to Bob, Tom, and Hank (the SW rider) for helping this dream come true. I'm going to suggest a similar ride with my Miata club.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
121 - 136 of 136 Posts