Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Burgman 650 who's name is Frankenberg...
1,071 Posts
Hey BeerMe, it seems you had a general idea at one point how many might be going, do you still have that number of 'might' and 'will' be going out there I can see?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I just made hotel reservations. I have to say that the people that I spoke to on the phone at Boots Motel and Munger Moss were delightful. I chose an alternate location for Cuba.
What is the dining situations along the highway? I love the little diners, the fast food joints get old quick for me except for drinks. Also, bcoil, can you share with us what the cost of the motels were? :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Days Inn Cuba is 82.74 incl tax. The Wagon Wheel Cuba ranges from 62-124 +taxes + 3.6% for credit card.
Munger Moss was $50 total, and Boots Court was $75 total.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The Days Inn Cuba is 82.74 incl tax. The Wagon Wheel Cuba ranges from 62-124 +taxes + 3.6% for credit card.
Munger Moss was $50 total, and Boots Court was $75 total.
Thank you sir.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What is the dining situations along the highway? I love the little diners, the fast food joints get old quick for me except for drinks. Also, bcoil, can you share with us what the cost of the motels were? :)
I hope that BeerMeBeerMe will share details at some point about what he has planned for stops, attractions and food.
I have heard good things about Elbow Inn, on the way to Munger Moss Inn, but haven't stopped. The Rocking Chair restaurant in Conway was good, but that was about 17mi west of Lebanon.

Not far from Elbow Inn at Devil's Elbow on Teardrop road is a section of original paving and Hooker Cut, once the deepest rock cut in the U.S.(50ft?) is 1940s 4 lane.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As of right now I am planning on meeting the group in St Louis and making the ride to Joplin with the group. I will know more on my schedule the week before if I will be free that week. Hope to see every one then. I am hoping to share a room with someone the three days. Will figure that out when the time comes.
I can also be of help to some who is going to trailer there Burg to St Louis, I have a parking spot for them by my house and then a 30-40 mile trip to the arch.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
As of right now I am planning on meeting the group in St Louis and making the ride to Joplin with the group. I will know more on my schedule the week before if I will be free that week. Hope to see every one then. I am hoping to share a room with someone the three days. Will figure that out when the time comes.
I can also be of help to some who is going to trailer there Burg to St Louis, I have a parking spot for them by my house and then a 30-40 mile trip to the arch.
tprender I may definitely take you up on that offer of parking my car and trailer, it would make an enormous difference on whether I could go or not...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
As of right now I'm planning on making the trip, new tires and brake pads have been ordered and are on their way. However I'm not sure I want to do it if only 2-3 people are going. Waiting to see how that begins to play out.

·
Administrator
21,724 Posts
Looks like I will be in Bowling Green MO from June 4 thru June 16 but I will be in a Nissin Rouge with my sister. I have to fly to Portland Maine May 25th and drive her car back Jun 2nd due the her having a medical issue. We will stay in Bowling Green for about 12 days with family and then head home.

If anyone wants to meet for a slice of pie (PIZZA) and a pint......

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Well it doesn't sound like this is going to go down after all. I'll make backup trip plans just in case.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Beermebeerme, please share the plans you have so far for things to see, places, to eat, or side trips. Please specify the meeting point more specifically because the Gateway park is big.
Bob

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Beermebeerme, please share the plans you have so far for things to see, places, to eat, or side trips. Please specify the meeting point more specifically because the Gateway park is big.
Bob
True, I've never been to the Gateway arch before so I was told it wouldn't take much to miss each other...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't go down to that area very often, but I will make a trip down there next week after Mother's Day to look it over. There is some parking on the water side below the arch. The name of the street is Leonor K Sullivan Blvd that runs between the arch and the river.There are 2 boat docks there and I will take a look at them when I make the trip. Have to work every day next week and the weekend. Helping out at a florist and some people have a habit of sending flowers to there mothers.Will have it checked out by the middle of the month and post the info on a good meeting spot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was supposed to rain today and it has not yet, so I took a road trip this morning to downtown St Louis to do some scouting. As of right now the area below the arch by the river is closed for some reason( maybe high water). The street was blocked off and the flood walls were up. I could not find a good place to meet and start downtown. Then, went up north to the chain of Rocks bridge, and just like he said. The area in front of the bridge is closed. You might get about 10 bikes in the driveway but nothing else. Just north of there, there is a gas station that would work out for the meeting place. Corner of hwy 270 and Riverview Dr. I did take a picture of the gas station if needed for people to locate.
Now there is a place on Interstate 44 at the edge of West St Louis at Route 66 state Park that would work.
If we don't start there it would be a good place to make a stop to see some of the history of route 66.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
How many confirmed or probables do we have so far? I'm a probable still at this point.

·
Premium Member
4,114 Posts
Armwrestling Dave_J for the last slice of pizza has me looking at the calendar 📆🤣

·
Premium Member
17,139 Posts
when this one is done, we should organize a relay from key west to alaska . the baton of course would have to be a suzuki thing or,,,, a refreshing beverage maybe????

·
Premium Member
4,114 Posts
when this one is done, we should organize a relay from key west to alaska . the baton of course would have to be a suzuki thing or,,,, a refreshing beverage maybe????
I was thinking a small Kit Kat Pole.......Get On It

Reactions: JRoss

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I am officially OUT, my physician had to reschedule a mandatory therapy session to the 14th and 24th of June...Unfortunately I can't miss these sessions. I'd rather go riding...

81 - 100 of 100 Posts