Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
281 - 300 of 562 Posts
Discussion starter · #281 · (Edited)
I know dealers are closed on Monday so hopefully tomorrow we find out what the story is on the 6999.00 pricing. Before I purchased my 2016 Burgman 400 in 2018 the local dealer had a sale going on. They had a great price on a new 2018 Yamaha XMax. I sat on the bike, thought it was great. I asked her what the out the door price was. She gave me a quote that made my jaw drop. It was like an additional $2000.00 for freight, set up, paperwork, registration and tax on all that. I guess they thought I was a naïve idiot. I didn't want to haggle so I told her I would think about it which meant you lost my business. Ended up finding a 2016 with 214 miles in San Diego for $5000.00. It was a BMW dealer of all places and he told me exactly what the paperwork fee would be ($80.00) and that was it besides sales tax. Picked up a Uhaul motorcycle trailer in the morning and drove to San Diego and got the trailer back that evening. Was about $20.00. Some dealers are legit and some are money grabbers.

Reactions: wspollack and JRoss
A friend purchased a Xmax. Was $5699 and after all the "fees" added on it was $7400 OTD. He loves it though and has no regrets. I went to look at a Vespa GTS at $7199 and after all the "fees" added it was $9800 OTD! I passed. I understand that everyone has to eat but wow. I'm stuck with Honda because I don't trust my local Yamaha dealer for anything. And the Vespa dealer had the GTS assembled with many flaws that at a premium price was not acceptable.

Now we have a few KYMCO dealers scattered around but all they seem to carry are 50cc. I've never seen a People 300 or any XTown and know I'll never see the AK in person. But the good thing is these scattered dealers have carried KYMCO for more than a year, unlike in the past. I'll never blindly buy a scooter with out seeing it and poking around in person first.

Discussion starter · #283 ·
I have doing some research also and there are no Kymco dealers here in Las Vegas. The Kymco U.S.A. does list Nevada Powersports but their web page shows not one Kymco for sale. So your looking at the Los Angeles or Phoenix area for warranty work. That's 250 miles. Ride Now is the big dealer in the area and they have locations not far from me. Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki and previously Victory. We have a BMW Triumph dealer that also lists Piaggio, Vespa, Zero, Aprilia, and Royal Enfield models on their web page and of course Harley Davidson dealers. But alas no Kymco.

Reactions: wspollack
My kymco experience, was that , though a nearby dealer was a kymco dealer, they were mainly a dealer of more mainstream brands, and they stocked on site , zero physical parts. Most help they could provide was to order parts- 2-3 weeks out.

I have doing some research also and there are no Kymco dealers here in Las Vegas. The Kymco U.S.A. does list Nevada Powersports but their web page shows not one Kymco for sale. So your looking at the Los Angeles or Phoenix area for warranty work. That's 250 miles. Ride Now is the big dealer in the area and they have locations not far from me. Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki and previously Victory. We have a BMW Triumph dealer that also lists Piaggio, Vespa, Zero, Aprilia, and Royal Enfield models on their web page and of course Harley Davidson dealers. But alas no Kymco.
There's one Royal Enfield dealer in my vicinity, the only one for 150 miles or so. I went there once, and they have NO bikes there; it's more just an office, in which you can order one.

Yeah, sometimes you have to be careful about the less-represented dealers. And sometimes some of these dealers only have small scooters, like a nearby Kymco (and Suzuki) dealership. I went there, and the owner told me he'd be happy to order a 550 for me (at list price).

I sent a message on the Kymco in ALA, gonna see if they have it or if this is a give us your contact info and we will bug you with crap you don't want thing
So far, the 'Bama dealership hasn't called or emailed me, with the details I requested. You?

Discussion starter · #287 ·
Hall's Motorsports seems to have four locations offering the AK550 at $6999.00 on Cycletrader. Two in Alabama, one in Louisiana and one in Florida. Maybe try a different location?

Reactions: wspollack
Hall's Motorsports seems to have four locations offering the AK550 at $6999.00 on Cycletrader. Two in Alabama, one in Louisiana and one in Florida. Maybe try a different location?
I called Hall's in Trussville, AL, yesterday, got a recording, and declined to leave a message. Today, the phone was answered by a human, and I asked about the $6,999 price of the 550. See kymco – Halls Trussville Motorcycle & ATV Dealer, then click on "2021," and then scroll down.

It's been awhile since I lived in the south (Augusta, GA, during the final year of my Army enlistment, about half a century ago), so my understanding of southern drawl-speech is very rusty. Nevertheless, when I asked about any add-ons -- dealer prep, shipping, that sort of thing -- I believe the speaker said something along those lines had to be added in, and that the price was $7,999. I'm pretty sure that was the number he spoke. He asked where I was from, I told him NY state, and he correctly stated that he wouldn't have to add sales tax on top of that.

But note that I said "the price was $7,999." They're currently sold out of the 550s. I think he said something about ordering more, but I'm really not sure -- that southern speech thing pretty much obscured that part of the conversation.

This reminds me of an old joke, which goes something like this:

A woman walks into a butcher store, seeing a sign in the window for roast beef at $2.79 a pound. She asks for a couple pounds, but the butcher says, "Sorry, I'm all out of that." So the woman goes to a butcher shop down the street.

She asks this second butcher, "How much for roast beef."
"It's $3.79 a pound," he says.
"At the butcher down the block, it's only $2.79 a pound," she says.
"So go buy it from him," the second butcher says.
"I would," the woman replies, "but he's sold out of it."
"Well," the butcher responds, "if I didn't have any roast beef, I'd only charge $1.79 a pound."

Discussion starter · #290 ·
If it is too good to be true, it probably isn't! If you could get it out the door for $7999.00 with the add ons, and take off $250.00 with the military discount it's still not a bad deal. But for me I would have to have it shipped across the country and that would add to the cost. Then there is the top trunk, top trunk hardware, phone or gps mount, maybe hardwiring that, possible aftermarket windshield, performance upgrades and then you start looking at your old boring swiss army knife of a 400 in the garage and think the old girl has a lot of life left in her.

I just purchased a Sargent seat for my 1999 R1100RT while they were having a sale. I guess I don't need three bikes in the garage and have to jockeying the bikes around every time I want to take a ride.

It's nice to dream at least.

If it is too good to be true, it probably isn't! If you could get it out the door for $7999.00 with the add ons, and take off $250.00 with the military discount it's still not a bad deal. But for me I would have to have it shipped across the country and that would add to the cost. Then there is the top trunk, top trunk hardware, phone or gps mount, maybe hardwiring that, possible aftermarket windshield, performance upgrades and then you start looking at your old boring swiss army knife of a 400 in the garage and think the old girl has a lot of life left in her.

I just purchased a Sargent seat for my 1999 R1100RT while they were having a sale. I guess I don't need three bikes in the garage and have to jockeying the bikes around every time I want to take a ride.

It's nice to dream at least.
If it were REALLY $6,999 (and minus 250), I was thinking of flying to Birmingham — I could do this with existing Southwest points I have — and riding home to NY. Of course, there’d be hotel costs, but I have some family along the way.

I keep getting emails from Southwest Airlines offering $50 flights to Florida. Maybe even to Pensacola area or near Destin. I have family that live by there. If I was ready to replace my Burgman I'd fly down there with my camping gear, get a ride from my relatives over to the dealer, and ride it home camping at a few Army Corps of Engineers campgrounds along the way. I also have family just outside of Decatur, AL so could do the same to there but don't know about the deal with Southwest going there. I'd have to consider about either stopping half way home for the initial break-in service or just bite the bullet and wait to do that myself at the end of the 1055 mile trip home. Likely find a place to do it on the way. There's a Vespa/Kymco dealer in Edwardsville, IL just east of St Louis that would be 710 miles from the Hall's Crestview dealership. Got it all figured out... :)

As was said $7999 OTD minus military discount is still a very good deal on this scooter.

Too bad I know my wife. She would never go for that plan just yet... unless I actually did first sell my Burgman 650 for maybe $9000 (anyone interested? 😁 ) to cover for all costs of replacing it.

Don't forget that adding farkles, like top case-side cases-phone/GPS mounts-etc., to any new machine is a significant part of the fun of owning it. So I would expect all that to me after the sale costs on me. Besides, those all make excellent ideas for birthday and Christmas gifts!

Discussion starter · #295 ·
The new Kymco Xciting 400 isn't a bad looking bike either. But alas, not being released in the U.S.

The new Kymco Xciting 400 isn't a bad looking bike either. But alas, not being released in the U.S.

nice. bit of a small trunk.

Discussion starter · #297 ·
nice. bit of a small trunk.
Actually only the drivers section of the seat lifts but the compartment goes under the passenger seat also to the rear tail. If you look at about 10:45 on the video. Plus an under seat light. Some things I like. Adjustable windshield and 430 lb. curb weight.

Reactions: JRoss
Read a report (article on the home page of ADV) that indicated the AK 550 now has Drive-By-Wire.
I just looked on the Kymco USA web site and there is no mention if it has it or not but I did notice that MSRP is now $400 more than it was last month.

Now MSRP is $9399. Gas tank is still 3.9 gallons (15 L) so not the Euro 5 version here. I'm glad for that part. I still think that's a good price for a great Super Scooter. Especially compared with the competition over here in the USA... Oh, wait, what competition? Any super scooter that could compete is only available outside the USA, not here.

Now if they can only fix the delivery/supply issues that plague getting them to the USA dealerships!

And if gas prices keep going up then 2 wheeled transportation of all kinds will become more popular, which can only be good for the status of scooters in the USA too.

Discussion starter · #299 ·
Some add ons from Shad.

Attachments

Reactions: rjs987
Reactions: rjs987
281 - 300 of 562 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.