Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

261 - 280 of 294 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
I sent a message on the Kymco in ALA, gonna see if they have it or if this is a give us your contact info and we will bug you with crap you don't want thing
Me, too -- amazing!

Here's what I entered on their web form this morning (and, sorry, I didn't bother with paragraphs, because forms strip away the carriage returns anyway):

For the 2021 Kymco 550I, is your price of $6,999.00 the bottom line price? That is, are there any fees not disclosed in that price, such as dealer preparation, shipping, any other fees at all? Also, what is your deposit policy prior to completing a purchase? That is, could you tell me the amount of a deposit required, how long that will hold a bike, may the deposit be made via credit card, that sort of thing? Last, does your $6,999 price include any rebates from Kymco USA? Thank you for your time and assistance.

And here is the response I got at 10:18am:

Thanks for checking us out online!
We will get back to you soon with an answer regarding the 2021 KYMCO AK 550I ABS SPACE GRAY.
Hall's Eastern Shore
888-220-8155

Also note, for those of us who have served our great nation ("And I was jumping up and down on the table, yelling 'Kill! Kill!,' and the sergeant came over, pinned a medal on me, and said, 'You're our boy'.") , at kymcousa.com/ it states the following:

$250 discount on all KYMCO products over 250cc

Valid January 1st, 2021 through December 31st, 2021

This includes all active, retired, and honorably discharged personnel from the Armed Forces, Law Enforcement and Firemen.

So, presumably, we got that going for us, too.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
You can get anything you want at Alice’s Restaurant ....except for Alice and Info on where to buy a darn Scooter 🤣

Reactions: wspollack

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
You can get anything you want at Alice’s Restaurant ....except for Alice and Info on where to buy a darn Scooter 🤣
And I've ridden through Stockbridge, MA, many times; not too far from me. And over there, people would ask me: What'd you get, kid? And I said, I didn't get nuthin -- I had to pay $50, and pick up the garbage.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
3,952 Posts
That AK 550 deal is tempting, including the Mil Discount (I seem to remember reading about that earlier this year). Even if there are added fees and costs for dealer prep and documentation that's a good deal and the discount would cover a good part of that.

Hey, @wspollack , that's MY color AK 550.

Oh wait, I'm not really ready to jump just now. Wish I was and I'd be buying a plane ticket to AL instead of typing a post here. Then again, I did not too long ago buy a brand new model bike with almost no history (CTX1300) except that one did come with a fantastic engine and transmission that had been in another bike (ST1300) since 2002 so it had that going for it. That was a good bike so I'm not put off by the AK 550 being not overly common in the USA. It's actually a 4 year old model that has seen minor improvements (supposedly) over that time so that's a good track record for many models of 2 wheeled transportation.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
I'd like to sit on one first at least. It does look like the Kymco has a removable butt rest and maybe the Sym also. I would also be eligible for the military discount. Too bad I live 1800 miles away.
$7000.00 for a brand new 550 cc scooter sounds interesting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
A 2020 Suzuki Burgman 400 is listed at $8299.00 + a $399.00 destination charge on the Suzuki web page.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
@Uncle Fester , The owner on the ADV Riders forum did just that... removed the butt stop. But then he put it back on. Said it was more comfortable without it at first (sort of a tall/big guy). He put it back on after noting that there was one more notch to adjust it back just a bit more so finds it working out well for him with it installed... all the way back. There is an adjustment on the underside of the seat like the Burgman 650 has.

Reactions: Uncle Fester

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
I'm looking at VIEW UNIT – Hall's Motorsports in Daphne, Alabama. (and VIEW UNIT – Hall's Motorsports in Daphne, Alabama. for the Kymco). Where did you find the $399 charge for the 400 Burger (I can't find that charge)?
I was looking at the Suzuki U.S. web page to compare the Burgman price. Sorry for not clarifying that.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Kymco has a financing plan going on right now through Synchrony bank.

O% for 3 Months APR 2.51%* (Thereafter 33 months at 2.99%)
  • Available on purchases of 2-wheel products between 04/1/2021 & 06/30/2021
  • Other offers will include an APR of 3.99% for 36 months or 10.99% for 36 months. Participating U.S. Dealers Only. Must have to do with your credit rating?

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts

• Other offers will include an APR of 3.99% for 36 months or 10.99% for 36 months. Participating U.S. Dealers Only. Must have to do with your credit rating?
Yep, I saw that, too. Nothing really to write home about, though: a local credit union (and I joined that one, in 2012, to finance my Victory bagger) is currently offering 1.74%, your choice of two to five years, for new vehicles.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts

howley poooo!!!! ten oercent?????? been a long time since I borrowed , but that seems like banditry!

·
Registered
22 Posts
That Kymco in AL looks good at that price to me also. If I was in the market, would definitely be interested. But I am very happy with my Burgman 650 right now.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Just checking Givi USA and they do make a rear rack and two different size windshields for the AK550. The rear rack needs an adapter plate. A number of different plates depending on the top trunk you decide to mount. Looks like Kymco makes a OEM rear rack also.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I've seen the set up installed for a Shad luggage system for the AK 550. Looks really good. Top case and side cases that easily mount or dismount as well as a tunnel bag. Altogether it looks good on the bike. The guy on the ADV Riders forum I keep talking about has the Givi shield and at least one other owner has the Shad luggage system I think. Y'all should pop in over there an take a look. Page 19 (I think) on that thread has photos of the Givi shield on a few AKs. Here is a pic of the Shad luggage system and mounting brackets on the AK 550 in Space Gray.

·
Registered
398 Posts
With those side bags mounted like that, and that tank bag there …how would you easily and safely mount/dismount? off a ladder?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
With those side bags mounted like that, and that tank bag there …how would you easily and safely mount/dismount? off a ladder?
HAH! off a ladder. Like any other motorcycle rider (do they need ladders?). Same as I always mounted my ST1100 with side bags and my CTX1300 with side bags. I throw my leg over like with any other motorcycle. OR same as I mount/dismount from my Burgman 650 with how I pack it for a camping trip. I kick my heel over the seat and slide on over. The seat height on the AK is not that much different than on the Burgman. Lower than my old ST1100 with which I had to mount/dismount the very same way when that was packed. Unless you are severely short legged there is no issue with that.

Although, I will say that as I get older I am more likely to leave the tunnel bag out of the picture on an AK 550.

This is how I was packed for my last trip on my Burgman in May. I sometimes, but rarely so far, put that white dry bag on top the pile behind me. Makes for a really nice back rest. That bag holds my rain suit, extra riding gear and first aid kit. On that trip there were some cold mornings so I had packed extra thermal liners. If I stayed at motels instead of tent camping I'd likely loose all the dry bags except the white one which would be on the pillion. But I don't like to spend the money for motels and tent camping is still my preference. When that changes I will likely stop taking those kinds of trips.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
On my 96 ST1100 I had that Givi luggage rack that mounts t the top of the Give trunk. Had a dry bag up there the one time I toured with a passenger. We do like our Farkels!

Reactions: rjs987
261 - 280 of 294 Posts