Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
The little Suzi logo looks like a $ between First $ Class.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would like to see the rest of the bike. Any new mechanical updates. Wonder where it’s available?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got this info on Suzuki France website. Uncle Fester supplied this link, for which I thank him.

Reactions: Uncle Fester

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Well if it was a Spoof or hoax they went to great detail to fake it.

It looks nice.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I could not make out what was said but did any Burgman 650 owners notice any new differences? I saw the two tone seat and I'm assuming the new model comes with the body skirt for cold weather riding?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm not really sure what was going on in the video (that guy's English was TERRIBLE!), and I'm not intimately familiar with the 650, but I'm a little surprised at a few things if that is actually a 2020 model: no cruise control, uses a standard key instead of a fob, and appears that the lighting is all incandescent.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could not make out what was said but did any Burgman 650 owners notice any new differences? I saw the two tone seat and I'm assuming the new model comes with the body skirt for cold weather riding?
UF you did well in your assumption, Bagster Europe manufacture cold weather aprons, seats etc., yes this model comes with a Bagster 2 pieces cold weather apron, the section attached to the bike does not need to be removed, it can stay attached to the bike and the other section of the apron can simply be attached with a zipper, they have manufactured a 2 tone seat as well for this bike which they claim to be very comfortable. Did you notice the new switch for the heated mirrors. Basically this journalist is claiming this is a large touring bike he calls a mini Goldwing and that it is the best of any available on the market. He is a motorcyclist as well.

Reactions: hscohen

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not really sure what was going on in the video (that guy's English was TERRIBLE!), and I'm not intimately familiar with the 650, but I'm a little surprised at a few things if that is actually a 2020 model: no cruise control, uses a standard key instead of a fob, and appears that the lighting is all incandescent.
No their is no cruise mentioned and for me far from important, do not know about the front but rear lighting is LED, and as the owner of keyless automobiles which I despise I am happy that this bike still uses a key. I will have to view this video again once or twice.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
UF, he really loved the ride, handling, comfort, power, heated seat and grips, weather protection. Had very little negatives to say. Remember in Europe a great number of bikers own both motorcycles and scooters contrary to most here in North America where we own one or the other, as often when we reach a certain age or stage of our life we graduate from a motorcycle to a scooter such as a B650.

3 things he would have liked to see on this bike:
  • traction control
  • Radio/sound system
  • Pod mounted button to switch dash readings to go from temp to time to fuel efficiency etc., etc.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
So I would assume it is a regular model with some aftermarket upgrades. But that doesn't explain the new switch for the heated mirrors and the new name plate. A true mystery.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UF, he really loved the ride, handling, comfort, power, heated seat and grips, weather protection. Had very little negatives to say. Remember in Europe a great number of bikers own both motorcycles and scooters contrary to most here in North America where we own one or the other, as often when we reach a certain age or stage of our life we graduate from a motorcycle to a scooter such as a B650.

3 things he would have liked to see on this bike:
  • traction control
  • Radio/sound system
  • Pod mounted button to switch dash readings to go from temp to time to fuel efficiency etc., etc.
So I would assume it is a regular model with some aftermarket upgrades. But that doesn't explain the new switch for the heated mirrors and the new name plate. A true mystery.
I was left with the impression that this was available directly from Suzuki and not a dealer modification. Bagster being a European based company possibly a limited to Europe model as most of Asia really does not need cold weather equipment. This video was filmed during winter in France. In the next few days will check some European forums I am subscribed to find out more.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
319 Posts
It is a nice bike. I think the leg bag is interesting. But I don't care to ride in the cold either way, so I could easily live without that. But because the 650 is such a great interstate cruiser, I think a Cruise Control would be fantastic. I'm going to do the Rostra on mine when I get other things sorted (driver's backrest & barn door windshield).

I did notice the grip heater button. Much better than the previous switch. Watching these videos makes me want to go buy a juicy new one (sans the juice).

·
Registered
794 Posts
Having watched that there is very little difference to my 14 model. Heated grip switch 2 tone seats and a fancy badge all of which no doubt adds $$$ to the price tag. Everything else looks pretty much the same. See they kept that silly mirror switch that wears out as it is only a couple of sliding bits of plastic internally. Will be getting a new Scoot next year but won't be shelling out for the latest model. Too much depreciation and silly high prices.

·
Registered
319 Posts
maccecht - I am and always have been a hardcore sportbike rider. I even raced in WERA (#701). I still love sportbikes, I just have no real use for them. But, why do I, a hardcore sport bike rider, love these Burgmans (with a CVT) so much? It's all I think about all day long. I'm gonna get fired because I'm on the forums while at work so much. :D I may ride my Burgman for another year or so then see if I can't find a newer low mileage example and then slap the Rostra on that. Would love to find a blue or red ones. I think those are purdy.

I'd actually prefer to have 2, or 3 Burgmans, and a 400 cc Burgman. See? I'm nuts. Maybe I'm just old now, dunno. I swear, I'm 48, but my maturity level is still got to be less than 30.

When I was looking, I found a carbon copy of the one I bought. It had only like 500 miles on it. One owner. The dude wanted about $1,100 more than what I got mine for. Mine had maybe like 9,200 miles. I preferred to keep $1,100 and it concerned me about what all that sitting around of that 2011 might have done to the bike. I went and saw that bike, it was showroom pristine, so I don't blame the guy for his asking price.

·
Registered
148 Posts
7milesout, "It's all I think about all day long." Your love of Burgmans is a tad worrying but understandable. How long have you had this fixation? There are people who can help you. You need another interest, stamp or collecting or train spotting, something along those lines may help. If the problem persists I am afraid the only way to purge yourself of these Burgman thoughts would be to burn them or buy a Rocket 3.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts