Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in nyc,nj,conn area, whats a reasonable price for a brand new 2020 burgman 400 out the door.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a brand new 2018 in the Cincinnati area a couple of months ago. It had 1 mile on the clock when I test drove it. There was about 1,000 additional dollars for sales tax, title, setup, license fees etc. I did manage to negotiate the price down because it was a 2018. I think a lot is going to depend on the demand in your area. I'm glad I bought it since it's a great excuse to get out of the house and take a ride.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I think you have a lot more leverage today with c19 to get a much better price. Maybe get some extras tossed in or first maintenance done oth. The first one is a pita because you need to adjust valves if im not mistaken
Personally id prefer to always buy from a private seller but thats just me.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Braveheart - I hope someone has some raw numbers for you. I do not. Because I worked the purchase of a vehicle a very similar way, and wound up getting an outstanding deal from a dealer on a new vehicle. I hope you do too.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
While it won't give you "out-the-door" prices, Cycle Trader will give you an idea of the discounts some dealers are offering.

Also, not that it can't be useful, but it's not always a fair comparison to talk about out-the-door price. On other bike forums people have vastly different definitions of OTD...some include things like title and registration and others don't. Sales tax rates can also vary quite a bit (and sometimes not included in stated figures). One gent was claiming an extremely low OTD price on his new bike, and upon more detailed questioning discovered he was not including his trade in the cost!

So go ahead and ask and get all the information you can, but take it with a grain of salt. The important thing in any deal is did you get what you want at a price you were comfortable with. Then ignore everything you see about everyone that paid a lot less.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the little information provided. I am actually looklng for below msrp and how much. I am over 80 and need the security of a new burgman to replace my 2009.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My method has been to let the salesman write up the total price with all the ripoff fees, then subtract 12 - 15%, write a check and put it down. Take it or leave it. The salesman will take the check to the sales manager who really makes the deal. If I don't have trust I show them the check, but not let go of it.
One deal I was refused and walked. The next week I went by the dealership, caught the salesman's eye through the window and held up the check. He frowned, shook his head and waved me in. This has worked often enough over the years with cars, trucks, vans and bikes. YMMV

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I like that. Theyve had the ball in their courts with milking people for years. This is an op you cant give up. Maybe they have new low miles 2018/9 with warranty

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Thanks for the little information provided. I am actually looklng for below msrp and how much. I am over 80 and need the security of a new burgman to replace my 2009.

Hey ol’ timer .....new doesn’t mean without problems.... look for one a couple years old with low mileage ..... use the savings to help pay a young girls tuition.

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
$8,609.74 OTD, 1.99% Fixed for 36 Months. 2020 Burgman 0 miles in Louisville Kentucky end of May.
Was that at Yamaha of Louisville? I bought my gsxs there. Last year when I was looking for a Burgman, Lexington Motorsports had a new 2016 that they weren't offering for much less than what you paid for a 2020. Needless to say I kept looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just replaced the ignition contraption on my 2009. Still runs good. Maybe Ill see if the bike outlasts me. Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Just replaced the ignition contraption on my 2009. Still runs good. Maybe Ill see if the bike outlasts me. Thanks for the replies.
That’s The Spirit !

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm interested in the foe huneds. But, do the late model units have all the same vibration as the ones from say … mid 2000's? I rode a few year old used 400 back in about 2008 that was for sale. It was a low mileage blue beauty. Power was more than adequate. But the vibration was a deal breaker. Has it improved?

I like the simplicity of a single cylinder, the belt FD, and the increased mpg. I know the mpg is financially insignificant. But if I'm riding less than an 1,800 cc Goldwing, I want as high an mpg as is possible. It just seems logical. I can't help my OCD brain.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The vibration you refer to is because of the thumper engine?
The b400 is very good mileage wise. The smaller the engine the better mpg No? I know my sym joyride 200 got much better mileage than the 400. It may have seemed otherwise but the b400 had a bigger tank so fill up was less often by a bit

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes, it was a (thumper) engine vibration. Reading the latest ads about it, it says the engine is counter-balanced. Maybe it wasn't then … or maybe it is just better now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was that at Yamaha of Louisville? I bought my gsxs there. Last year when I was looking for a Burgman, Lexington Motorsports had a new 2016 that they weren't offering for much less than what you paid for a 2020. Needless to say I kept looking.
Yes Yamaha of Louisville...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm interested in the foe huneds. But, do the late model units have all the same vibration as the ones from say … mid 2000's? I rode a few year old used 400 back in about 2008 that was for sale. It was a low mileage blue beauty. Power was more than adequate. But the vibration was a deal breaker. Has it improved?

I like the simplicity of a single cylinder, the belt FD, and the increased mpg. I know the mpg is financially insignificant. But if I'm riding less than an 1,800 cc Goldwing, I want as high an mpg as is possible. It just seems logical. I can't help my OCD brain.
I have a 2018 400. There is some vibration but not a lot. I'm getting 65+ miles per gallon.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The main vibration in my 2011 is at idle, the mirrors jiggle a little. I just pretend I'm on a Harley for a few minutes. When running I really don't notice any more vibration than any other bike - one, two or four cylinders, just maybe a different frequency. (I have Kuryakyn Iso-grips so maybe that makes a difference, too.) I've never ridden a pre-2007 so can't compare to that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts