Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! Happy to have found this group, really need help getting an air filter for my 2020 Burgman 125cc Street here in Costa Rica. Frustratingly dealers sell the scooters but even Suzuki Costa Rica can't seem to get parts (?!). The air filter I thought it needed is actually for a different model (200?), I need the wider filter which I can't find anywhere! See attached pictures, would really appreciate anyone who can share where specifically this can be purchased in the US, I'll arrange to have it shipped here to CR or pickup on my next visit there. Thank you so much in advance for any help/direction, love the scooter and want to maintain it for a long healthy life :)

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's doubtful a US vendor would have a listing for your model since it's not sold here, and the vendors get their model schematics and parts list directly from Suzuki. But it may be possible that filter is used on another model that is sold here.
Is there some sort of parts number on the properly sized filter you have in hand? If so, you may be able to cross reference a new one. If no number on the filter.. what about the air filter housing or outer cover? Anything to find a good part number to start with. We may be able to look up part numbers to see if they're on a model sold here.

Reactions: Tromper

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unfortunately, the 2020 125cc street didn't make it to the US and it looks like it has been many years since Suzuki sold them here so finding a US part supplier will be an uphill battle. I can probably source one from Japan though. The only 2020 Burgman Street number I could find was for the Indian model - BS6. Is your Burgman a BS6, or is there a different identifier for the Costa Rica model?

·
Registered
753 Posts
If new one's not available, could a replacement be made as this? (Tho' this is for 650, but same principle could apply).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's doubtful a US vendor would have a listing for your model since it's not sold here, and the vendors get their model schematics and parts list directly from Suzuki. But it may be possible that filter is used on another model that is sold here.
Is there some sort of parts number on the properly sized filter you have in hand? If so, you may be able to cross reference a new one. If no number on the filter.. what about the air filter housing or outer cover? Anything to find a good part number to start with. We may be able to look up part numbers to see if they're on a model sold here.
Thank you for the response - I tried disassembling but its awkward to get to and I don't have the right tools. I have to get an oil change soon and will have them remove/clean the air filter (passed that point but its all I can do short of proper replace) and check for part #s and report back. Thank you again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, the 2020 125cc street didn't make it to the US and it looks like it has been many years since Suzuki sold them here so finding a US part supplier will be an uphill battle. I can probably source one from Japan though. The only 2020 Burgman Street number I could find was for the Indian model - BS6. Is your Burgman a BS6, or is there a different identifier for the Costa Rica model?
Thank you for the response. So I checked the user manual, its in Spanish but second page reads 'Suzuki India' and given almost every YT video I watched after buying the scooter was shot in India and in Hindi, I'm guessing this was imported and an India model. Given I don't think US Suzuki can help I've reached out to the largest Suzuki Moto dealer in Mumbai asking if they ship parts internationally to see how much damage that route might be. Also escalated to Suzuki Costa Rica who initially said they couldn't help to see if they can coordinate an international shipment of parts I need. What a headache for an air filter, I can't imagine this process will be fun down the line when more parts need to be replaced. Appreciate your response.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If new one's not available, could a replacement be made as this? (Tho' this is for 650, but same principle could apply).
Interesting and thanks for the suggestion - a lot of things here in Costa Rica are DIY given the developing country status and lack of readily available parts, perhaps this could be a solution. If I can't source a proper filter I'll def have to look into something similar. Thanks

·
Administrator
22,250 Posts
I checked the web and all over the world the only 2020 Burgman 125's are all the same.

We need more information and maybe some pictures of the bike and where this filter is located on the bike.

·
Registered
753 Posts
We need more information and maybe some pictures of the bike and where this filter is located on the bike.
EDITED - See post #3 @Lunatic Fringe has already advised OP....(y)
His answer at #6.
It's not a UH.......It's as thread title says, a SUZUKI Burgman "STREET". Introduced in India. Seems like that's where all the parts are too.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
EDITED - See post #3 @Lunatic Fringe has already advised OP....(y)
His answer at #6.
It's not a UH.......It's as thread title says, a SUZUKI Burgman "STREET". Introduced in India. Seems like that's where all the parts are too.
View attachment 96456
Yep you got it that's the one - pic of mine below

Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, they both use the same part BUT there are a lot of different aftermarket options for this part. This ad for an original equipment part specifically states, "Suzuki Air Filter Assembly for Suzuki Access BS4 I Burgman Street 125".

For third-party parts there's a lot more options:

Grille Rectangle Tableware Automotive lighting Dishware
Rectangle Font Electric blue Logo Circle
Automotive lighting Rectangle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire

The Suzuki Access 125 has been sold in India since 2007, with updates every few years. Models after 2016 have SEP engines and the ads for aftermarket air filters specify, "2016 model" or, "NEW model" so they changed the design with the new model.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts