Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an 18 on Friday. I believe this is my 9th B400 over the years. I gotta stop this habit!
Anyway, I ordered a Givi AF for this new model. Is there a HOW-TO to replace the windshield? I’d prefer not to break off the tabs on the front panel.

TIA, Marty

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I can't help you with your question, but I have one if you would indulge me: have you had the 2018 long enough to offer a comparison to the previous model? I would specifically like to know if the cockpit is more cramped on the 18s. I'm about 6'2" so I need all the legroom I can get. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have seen a Mitch u-tube video where he replaces a standard old model 400 screen with Givi unit - can't imagine the procedure will be much different as the frame below is much the same. Would also expect Givi will supply comprehensive instructions for installation?
Also toying with the idea of getting a Givi screen for my '18 400 but so far the standard OE seems ok, but then again, I'm short, so that might be a factor. If I do eventually decide to change being short will make me opt for the screen with the adjustable sliding top part - so I can still see over it!
Let us know how you get on...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m 6’1” and it feels fine ... until about an hour and half of riding when my butt falls asleep ... still gotta take breaks on road trips! I have limited time on pre-2018/2019 400s, so I can’t really compare ‘em. I ride feet up front - cruiser style. Not down - chair style.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry for not responding sooner as you may have already replaced your windshield with the Givi unit.

I bought my 2018 AN 400 about a year ago, and I replaced the factory screen with a GIVI windshield like yours but without the Air Flow (mine is one piece). It is simple; you just have to remove two fasteners. Attaching a pic from the factory manual showing the process & fastener location.

Happy trails.

Attachments

Reactions: slowtony1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry for not responding sooner as you may have already replaced your windshield with the Givi unit.

I bought my 2018 AN 400 about a year ago, and I replaced the factory screen with a GIVI windshield like yours but without the Air Flow (mine is one piece). It is simple; you just have to remove two fasteners. Attaching a pic from the factory manual showing the process & fastener location.

Happy trails.
How tall are you if I may ask and do you see through or are your eyes above the top edge of the screen?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts